Security Installer Community

Eu Health & Safety Regulations Really Are A Killer!

Guest rjbsec

Guest rjbsec
Two ambulance crews failed to reach a dying man because they were on breaks ordered by European rules.

A paramedic arrived quickly by car after the 73-year-old collapsed on New Year

Guest rjbsec
Remember this is the Daily Mail. Best Comic Fiction award 2006 (and several years previously....) :whistle:

Are you saying it didn't happen?

Remember this is the Daily Mail. Best Comic Fiction award 2006 (and several years previously....) :whistle:

Having undergone training to become a paramedic i find this story (myself...that is) very hard to belive....As a paramedic you under take an oath to save lives...tea break or not..myself when i used to be a paramedic i WOULD NEVER sit on my break knowing someone needed us,also managers WOULD NEVER to put two crews on the same break as the ambulance service is an EMERGENCY SERVICE

think i have to agree best fiction story..we really should'nt belive anything you read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Alarm Guard

I definitely doubted the bit in the story about the paramedic ringing 999 for an ambulance. Surely he/she would have used radio communication or at least a dedicated phone line for paramedics.

I definitely doubted the bit in the story about the paramedic ringing 999 for an ambulance. Surely he/she would have used radio communication or at least a dedicated phone line for paramedics.

None of it adds up...I don't doubt for one moment there are some very silly rules in the NHS,but if the control room sent a IRV (which carries all the kit a standard ambulance does) they would have also sent a ambulance as well as you would'nt bundle a heart attack victim in the back of vauxhall astra to get him/her to hospital :whistle:

Archived