Security Installer Community

Cameras Tripping Out

Scott

:realmad: I've got col/mono camera's from a well known commercial distributor, 1 Amp 12Vdc psu's, doubled up alarm cable 35-55m cable runs (several cams involved) in every day col mode all's fine, but when the cam switches to to mono it cuts out! ie the power light is off. min voltage is 12.2 and 380 mh. The only way to get the cam back on is down and repower. Any ideas?

Scott

Hereford Security Services Ltd SSAIB

:realmad: I've got col/mono camera's from a well known commercial distributor, 1 Amp 12Vdc psu's, doubled up alarm cable 35-55m cable runs (several cams involved) in every day col mode all's fine, but when the cam switches to to mono it cuts out! ie the power light is off. min voltage is 12.2 and 380 mh. The only way to get the cam back on is down and repower. Any ideas?

Scott

Hereford Security Services Ltd SSAIB

Are these day and night cams...ie colour day mode and mono night???...if so when the infra reds kick in it is obviously drawing too much from the psu :whistle:

Are these day and night cams...ie colour day mode and mono night???...if so when the infra reds kick in it is obviously drawing too much from the psu :whistle:

I'd replace the obviously with maybe.

what voltage is at the cam when in bw mode?

also are you using a funny colour monitor (ie a cheapy one) some dont like ccir inputs (ie b/w) can you turn colour burst on in the cam?

ignore that he led wouldnt go out

id still say its the cam, what are they

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Just a very quick thought, but if the changeover from colour to B/W is causing the shutdown, it may be that the sudden increase in current draw caused by a mechanical filter being shifted, is adversely affecting the cameras internal power supply board.

Try a camera on a short power lead (say two metres), and see if the problem occurs with that. If it doesn't, then as in a previous post, you either have to increase the conductor cross section (i.e. double up pairs) or increase the launch voltage, or possibly try a heavier duty regulated PSU.

If it does trip out, you could maybe get hold of some small 25v Electrolytic capacitors, and use one across the camera power supply input, to act as a smoothing capacitor; that may get rid of the problem (if you do go that route, make sure you connect the capacitor +ve lead to the +12v rail).

Archived