Security Installer Community

Cameras Tripping Out

Scott

The cams are Vantage VGC 625's, The monitor is also a Vantage all running through a DM ECO 4. Pwr pairs doubled up sorted one cam other at similar distance still play's up. Spoke to Tec they think it could be the mechanical filter. As mentioned before have tried a cam on 3ft of cable of a different make of psu. Also tried different batch of cam's. banghead banghead

The heater has a seperate doubled up 1amp feed.

Scott

We stopped using 12v for cameras because of this sort of problem, use 24 volt cameras & PSU less volt drop, less hassle, one extra battery if backed up....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

luggsey, 24v is ac isnt it? how do you back that up? or do you use 24v dc cams

We didn't normally back them up, I was just pointing out that for cost if you did there would be an extra battery....

I never looked at the spec to see if they were ac or dc? I just supposed they would be? :whistle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

So you've tried a camera out on site, the same camera on the bench with a different PSU and a differnet camera with the different PSU and none of them work?

I'm lost now, the only common denominator is you, gotta be you. Get another engineer!

Archived