Security Installer Community

Help Required With Ptz Control Problem!

eimaj12000

Hi,

I'm totally new to this stuff but am having problem with PTZ camera. I purchased the camera about two months ago and everything worked fine. I stored it for a while and after bringing it back out the controller now won't move the camera. I've checked and double checked connections etc. and cannot find any problem. Also, there is a switch on the camera housing which engages some kind of demo mode and moves the cam through a preset sequence so this eliminated the possibility of it being seized or motor problems.

Do I need a new controller or could there still be something damaged in the camera ? I am unsure of the make but a similar one can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150084251757

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'm totally new to this stuff but am having problem with PTZ camera. I purchased the camera about two months ago and everything worked fine. I stored it for a while and after bringing it back out the controller now won't move the camera. I've checked and double checked connections etc. and cannot find any problem. Also, there is a switch on the camera housing which engages some kind of demo mode and moves the cam through a preset sequence so this eliminated the possibility of it being seized or motor problems.

Do I need a new controller or could there still be something damaged in the camera ? I am unsure of the make but a similar one can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150084251757

Thanks in advance

hi eimaj12000,

the data link is polarity conscious, as it worked before it would be my 1st look, so make sure you have the data wires the right way round. check also you have selected the correct camera number on the controller when trying to operate it.

failing that normally you have to set the data line impedance resistor link in the camera, which on many comes as 'open' so check your book and set accordingly, only the last one (which is yours in this case) on a chain is set 'ON'.

next you have know in order to use it the correct camera address from 00 - 99, as you power up your camera this info might be displayed on screen, along with baud rate like 4800 (which is the speed it talks to the controller) and protocol (the language like epson for printers). try 'Pelco D' as it is one of the most common. you have to match all this info up both on the controller and the camera or nothing works.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Alan. I've checked and double checked both the wiring to the controller and the protocol settings on both the camera and the controller and can find no fault. The controller itself has jumpers which are set to whichever protocol is in use (in this case PELCO D at 2400 baud rate) as does the camera. I have also checked that the camera is set to camera number 1 as is the controller.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Alan. I've checked and double checked both the wiring to the controller and the protocol settings on both the camera and the controller and can find no fault. The controller itself has jumpers which are set to whichever protocol is in use (in this case PELCO D at 2400 baud rate) as does the camera. I have also checked that the camera is set to camera number 1 as is the controller.

Thanks

hi eimaj12000

short of checking for any fuses fitted or faulty solder joints then it's time to get in touch with the vendor, there may be some 'glitch' in the software they will be aware of and can offer a work around.

i noted 'item location is uk' but member in American - don't just hate that? also noted the date was recent - i'd contact them is your best bet

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi,

Thanks

There may be a power up routine you need to observe, can be as easy as turn this on before that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived