Security Installer Community

Smart2 Dvr Remote Access....help ?

DarrenRainer

Hi, I have an 8 camera Smart2 DVR setup but cannot connect to it with remote access from the WAN. I connect no problem from any PC on my LAN and can view the cameras but even though I have set up the port forwarding, turned off all the Belkin routers security, disabled Norton Antivirus and no XP firewall I cannot connect from the outside world. I have tried using different ports with the port forwarding setup correctly each time but still no luck. I have a fixed IP address for the DVR as 192.168.2.20 and have port 22 set up on the DVR and port 22 being passed to 192.168.2.20 from the outside world. The DVR has no password set for admin. I have numerous other servers/cameras etc on my network which all can be accessed remotely with no probs. I'm fairly confident I know what im doing with my Belkin router so cannot understand why it wont connect remotely. As I have a dynamic ip address I use no-ip.com to keep tabs on my WAN address but have also tried connecting using my wan ip address in the dvr viewer program but no joy. Anyone got any ideas, as this is really bugging me. My main reason for buying the Smart2 was to have remote access live view and playback. I stumbled across the jpeg2000 website were I created a DDNS account and got a successful registration on the dvr, so that must mean its getting through my router ?

Help ??????? :ranting:

My setup is as follows

BTYahoo ISP with dynamic IP address (no-ip.com used to keep tabs on dynamic address which rarely changes)

Belkin wireless ADSL modem router : set up to forward inbound port 22 to port 22 of internal ip address 192.168.2.20 (Smart2 DVR).

No password for admin.

255.255.255.0 as mask on Smart2.

IP address of Smart2 is 192.168.2.20

Port is 22

gateway is 192.168.2.1 (default on Belkin router)

First off, your PC plays no part in the remote access route.

Secondly, are you actually trying to connect from the outside world or testing from within the LAN?

if you have forwarded the port i assume your isp isnt blocking 22 have you tried moving the port. And does it only use 22 or are there a few ports it needs? might be worth putting soemthing else on that port to test

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

First off, your PC plays no part in the remote access route.

Secondly, are you actually trying to connect from the outside world or testing from within the LAN?

I tried from work to connect back to home and no luck Also tried from home using a my no-ip to connect back to the dvr. All my other servers can be accessed using my wan address even though I am at home, so I dont think this is a problem.

Darren

I tried from work to connect back to home and no luck Also tried from home using a my no-ip to connect back to the dvr. All my other servers can be accessed using my wan address even though I am at home, so I dont think this is a problem.

Darren

Darren, you need a fixed IP address. u will not access the router with a dynamic address unless you set up a dnns account. get ma number from www.eyetechsecurity.co.uk

Darren, you need a fixed IP address.

No you don't, you can use a DDNS service.

u will not access the router with a dynamic address unless you set up a dnns account.

Erm, that contradicts what you just said.

get ma number from www.eyetechsecurity.co.uk

So you can both confuse each other?

Archived