Security Installer Community

Ups Protect A Cctv System

The DVR has only 240V input ... it's a DVR365 ... from SystemQ I believe also ... but again I didn't purchase from there ... another supplier.

I selected wall mount PSU's as I'd assumed (possibly wrongly) that these were more robust "commercial" type PSU's than using several of the plug-in type.

What's the issue with the Wall Mount version if it has transformer inside it and connecting it to a UPS ?

Who supplies 12V PSU's with capability for an internal 12V Battery ?

Regards.

I try not to use transformers on any UPS kit, as I said it works but the transformers have a large rush of current to them on power up, if the UPS was powered up with several transformers plugged in it may go pop, or fizzle, or sort of bang, or it may carry on working fine! Switch modes would not do that....

As somebody else has now advised you the standby time using a UPS is less then a simple battery 12 volt setup due to the losses in the UPS, but again it will work just not for long on the UPS. Did the PSU have a BATT terminal for connection of a standby battery? Any good alarm/CCTV wholesaler will sell PSU's with battery backup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived