Security Installer Community

Field Of View + Coverage Questions

PThomas

hi all,

when your out talking to the client it's always a bit difficult to get over to them exactly what they will see, relationship to lens and view which is always a compromise to what they thought they will see.

a simple method i use so we are both on the same song sheet is my camera phone, take a snap and show them as a rough guide, most are about the same as a 3.6mm lens and it avoids the 'i thought i'd see faces on a 2.6 very wide angle cover the whole garden lens.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Can anybody point me to a diagram showing Field Of View and coverage for any given lens? (in mm)

There will be a webpage up soon detailing the Fields of view for given lens. I'll post a link here when it's up and running. Hopefully it'll only be a few days, just awaiting some example photo's.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

There will be a webpage up soon detailing the Fields of view for given lens. I'll post a link here when it's up and running. Hopefully it'll only be a few days, just awaiting some example photo's.

Hi S.E.

I don't know if this would be of any use to you, but I've got a basic chart on site here:- http://www.doktorjon.co.uk/Technical-lenses/lenstech14.html

and again a basic focal length guide (with magnification figures) here:- http://www.doktorjon.co.uk/Technical-lenses/lenstech13.html

I've also been meaning to take photo's (for about three years now) but still haven't got around to it :(

So much to do, so little time :rolleyes:

Archived