Security Installer Community

More Tax!

martc

Found this post in the electricians section in the Screwfix forums, thought you guys might be interested. :realmad:

Apologies if this has already been posted...

Sarah Kennedy was talking about this proposed car tax scheme on Radio 2. Apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay As You Go' road tax.

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it and 750,000 signatures are required for the goverment to at least take any notice.

Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it and 750,000 signatures are required for the goverment to at least take any notice.

Web address :-http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax

I signed it a month or so ago, look how many have signed so far; Deadline to sign up by: 20 February 2007

I think you will find it will have no impact whatsoever, the reason being a petition does not have to be acted upon. An online one even less.

What would make a difference is if everyone wrote to their local MP, these letter have to be read and acknowledged. This is what causes a lot of proposals to be dropped. The sheer weight of mail they have to sift through, a letter to the constituency and a duplicate to the house of commons will cause more hastle than any petition ever will.

Very simple but far more effective.

cheers

didnt stop the speed camera scenario did it?

dunno, BUT if traffic is taxated hardly it will indeed have an impact! no rush hours anymore --> we get to work and home faster since all the amateurs are not blocking our way..!!!

hows about that??

didnt stop the speed camera scenario did it?

oh - and if amateurs would be taxed hardly they would not block our way and therefore we wouldn't need to worry about the speed trap since we could get there where we would be going in time anyway..

so THUMBS UP for traffic taxation!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many people now complaining about all these stealth taxes voted this set of muppets in.

I didn't, because I could see what they were like........... but I have to suffer just the same.

Err some of us are as enlightened as yourself :P

cheers

The muppets in charge have way overspent, I think they budgeted for two terms and got caught out.

Nothing's better in this country, everything is worse if you can see the long term picture.

Much damage has been done which is why so many have left and so many would like to leave....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived