Security Installer Community

Supplying Power To Camera

basilb

How many people here use 24VAC PSU's and 24VAC - 12VDC regulators at the end?

No-one, that's how many. Some people who don't know any better just repeat what others say to sound like they know what they're doing.

How many people here use 24VAC PSU's and 24VAC - 12VDC regulators at the end?

No-one, that's how many. Some people who don't know any better just repeat what others say to sound like they know what they're doing.

hi Lurch,

it would be fairly rare to use it, i think we are just covering all the base's and just another option to have in the 'tool box' of remmedys, using AC/DC rather than DC/DC requires less current so less cablele thickness. it's the sort of thing one might use if several camera's were supplied at that location head, perhaps on industrial site builiding or pole, with fixed camera's lookng in several directions.

i think most would up the voltage adjustment to about 16 volts from the PSU (if adjustable), for anyone doing that i'd advise to fit a large electrolytic at the camera to help with fluctuations caused by IR's switching or mechanical auto iris's.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

use the cat 5 , volt drop will be minimal. keep to one voltage, theres no need to invert, divert ,convert anything. As for shotgun, id rather pull 3 cat 5s 300 metres than 10 shotguns 50 metres and any one who disagrees is going to the gym too often.

Personally Im a bit old fashioned and still prefer rg59 and remote power supplies, but you cant beat the feeling when the customer wants an additional camera at the far side of the warehouse and you know youve got your cheeky cat 5 up there curled up .

Rub that chin and breathe in deeply in a concerned manner

Archived