Security Installer Community

Cctv Monitor

daubs8

Hi all. First post (just found you)! I am installing a system a week on average and have previously been using 14" colour monitors which I have had for a couple of years. I ran out at christmas and have been using 14" tv's from the local supoermarket at

Hi, are you in the trade if so join here and get more out of this site.

On the monitor issue, where do you purchase your cameras from, they should sell monitors.

cheers

Hi, are you in the trade if so join here and get more out of this site.

On the monitor issue, where do you purchase your cameras from, they should sell monitors.

cheers

Thanks. Yes I am in the trade. Been in the business 10 years now and recently started my own Company in Greater Manchester having secured a large industrial site for starters! Must say trade is good with no need to advertise so far (maybe we are good or lucky??). Picked a chain of estate agents up and a few more indust estates recently but about to go mailshot with small businesses in mind hence the need for the monitors. My camera supplier is growing too and his cameras and dvr etc. are excellent (affordable, reliable so far, jpeg2000 and easy networking) but he hasn't stocked monitors as yet. I will of course be using the 'community' from now on and hope to both receive and offer advice where possible. I'm actually not too bothered about using a cheapo tv as long as I am making the client aware of the tv licence requirements, although it would be nice to source a reasonable monitor around the

Thanks. Yes I am in the trade. Been in the business 10 years now and recently started my own Company in Greater Manchester having secured a large industrial site for starters! Must say trade is good with no need to advertise so far (maybe we are good or lucky??). Picked a chain of estate agents up and a few more indust estates recently but about to go mailshot with small businesses in mind hence the need for the monitors. My camera supplier is growing too and his cameras and dvr etc. are excellent (affordable, reliable so far, jpeg2000 and easy networking) but he hasn't stocked monitors as yet. I will of course be using the 'community' from now on and hope to both receive and offer advice where possible. I'm actually not too bothered about using a cheapo tv as long as I am making the client aware of the tv licence requirements, although it would be nice to source a reasonable monitor around the

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i was really just wondering what answer you as a moderator would have expected to be posted in reply and can see from some of the posts tonight about the moderators issue why you would have concerns about the replies posted to the op
can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable supply of 14" monitors (preferably under

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Ok lads it's nice to receive a warm welcome, and your advice (and sarcasm) is noted. Its strange that the more jobs I get the luckier I become??!! See you at IFSEC ;)

hi daubs8,

many members are from alarm based trades, we tend to be sarcastic and call it 'banter'. you fit what you will if you think it is suitable and it works for you so be it.

i would advise using more than a cheap domestic Tv, the system is exepected to run 24/7 not what a Tv is designed for, buying them the clients can also see the price, so if you charge say

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

23 replies to this topic have been deleted.. :angry2:

As soon as the Public Moderators have familliarised themselves with the forum controls they will be having my full blessing to remove ANY un-helpfull replies to queries asked in ANY public section.

Im getting rather fed up of quoting this:

"Any replies to posts in the publicly viewable sections of this community should be made in a proffesional, curtious and respectful manner.

If you do not want to help a member, then do not reply to his question."

Topic Closed.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived