Security Installer Community

Time Lapse Vcr To Computer

Allan

Hi All

Great site and very informative

can anyone tell me how to record to hard drive from my time lapse vcr i am assuming it is (via null modem cable) and which programs i need to enhance the images on my PC i am running winXP, and would i have to convert the images if so to what? to be able to view them on my PC.

Kindest Regards

Allan

You would need a video capture card for your pc, you would then connect the output of the VCR to the Video input of your Video capture card, the capture device would have some form of software for you to record the video into any reasonable format, you will need to play the tape at normal speed whi;e you capture it though.

Not sure what you mean by enhance, you wont get anything better than the quality of the video your recording from.

Hi All

Great site and very informative

can anyone tell me how to record to hard drive from my time lapse vcr i am assuming it is (via null modem cable) and which programs i need to enhance the images on my PC i am running winXP, and would i have to convert the images if so to what? to be able to view them on my PC.

Kindest Regards

Allan

Hi Allen,

welcome and thank you on behlaf of the membership for your kind complements.

the easiest way is to copy over your CCTv clips onto a domestic DVR recorder cd/dvd, then use a home editing suit to enhance it.

you can of course run the clips directly in via a video capture card like dazzle using composite connections, or 'fire wire' if you have it., just don't expect the same results CSI investigations get :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

firewire and a timelapse vcr, now im intrigued alan?

That's them new ones!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Hi All

Thanks for all your input

can anyone tell me how and what to use to transfer video from a analog Time Lapse VCR to a PC whereas i can take stills from the video and print them and or put them on a DVD/Store them to hard drive any help would be seriously appreciated as i am new to all this

if its a video capture card i need? Which one?

and what is the best program to use for editing the video that has been captured?

Kindest Regards

Allan

:lol:

Hi Allen,

welcome and thank you on behlaf of the membership for your kind complements.

the easiest way is to copy over your CCTv clips onto a domestic DVR recorder cd/dvd, then use a home editing suit to enhance it.

you can of course run the clips directly in via a video capture card like dazzle using composite connections, or 'fire wire' if you have it., just don't expect the same results CSI investigations get :rolleyes:

regs

alan

I must just say Alan that since you took on the responsibility of the sherriffs badge you have become very polite mate!!!!!

could this be the making of a new man??????? :P

Guest anguscanplay

pc world do several video to pc adapters used a few and they are all good enough for what you want - why not just run the cctv straight into your pc afterwards too we use a freeware programme called homewatcher

pc world do several video to pc adapters used a few and they are all good enough for what you want - why not just run the cctv straight into your pc afterwards too we use a freeware programme called homewatcher

Hi

A few people have told me to use Dazzle Video Capture

and as i am taping 24 hrs a day i think it would take up too much hard drive space if i was to put it straight to the PC

can you recomend a good program for editing a captured piece of video footage?

Regards

Allan

Hi All

Thanks for all your input

can anyone tell me how and what to use to transfer video from a analog Time Lapse VCR to a PC whereas i can take stills from the video and print them and or put them on a DVD/Store them to hard drive any help would be seriously appreciated as i am new to all this

if its a video capture card i need? Which one?

and what is the best program to use for editing the video that has been captured?

Kindest Regards

Allan

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresenta...07%26S%3D400067

Something like that, and if you have it on your PC, windows movie maker can probably do the rest you need, although that may come with the software to use it.

Guest anguscanplay

homewatcher its a video motion programme that compares snapshots and saves if they are different to the one before sort of a very lapsy time lapse video but the quality is a1 because it looks at stills not moving images and uses next to no memery you can aotu upload to view remotly as well and its free

Archived