Ish

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I have choice of 4 16 chanel dvr's now

DVR365

Smart2

DYN-16 from dynamic cctv

Vguard

Just got to narrow it down to one machine now :unsure:

The DVR I buy has to allow more than 1 remote/lan connection to it at the same time. Can any of these not do this?

hi Guys,

i take breffs point about small movements not maintaining recording, but i set mine to post record for pree record 3 seconds and post record 6 seconds, this stops the 'charlie chaplin' effects which make the recordings look like they are stuck.

personaly i like motion sensing, you do have to spend some time tweaking it though, would depend on the scene but i'd at least have a mix, so very important are constantly recorded.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

No problem on the Vguard.

No. of Lan and remote connections are only limited by bandwidth.

Also allows you to record over net/lan to any connected PC with Vguard software installed and control many features of the DVR remotely ... loads of other clever networking tricks.

Details on this machine can be hard to come by but I know several manufacturers in Europe and the US use the same capture board and software in their DVRs.

Try a search for 'VG4C RT4' if you need more info, as this is the board and software used in the 16 channel machine ( it has four RT4 boards inside). A single board is around $600 in the US - so a bit different from those capture boards you see on e-bay!

Spec sheet for a rebadged one

http://www.gkivdo.com/dvdort.pdf

BTW you don't need to make a choice between motion only and continuous recording on this DVR- you can do both at the same time. Record continuously at D1 all channels upto 400fps total and also record extra short clips and still jpeg snapshots on motion alarms - makes searching easy. Can also be set to very low frame rate continuous with full speed record on motion alarms.

Sh*t. Beginning to sound like a rep...

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

late i know

we have a 16channel that could do this for you here :

http://www.tsionline.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=DVR1600DVAN

it wouls be possible with the 1TB storage capacity, but the quality would have to be very low, so we would actually suggest using 1.5Tb in this system, that would improve the quality.

thanks

James

Archived