Security Installer Community

Cctv Help - Unclear

Addaz786

Hi, All.

I am a new CCTV installer and need some advice..... I have just installed a CCTV system at a Food/Wine Shop but seem to be having an issue with the clarity of the picture that is being dispalyed Via the Quad.

This is the spec:

520TVL Dome Camera's from LJD( www.digitalvideos.co.uk ) - Stock code: DOMESK-80/1143

Colour Quad (204c) from Henry's http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/714.htm

LG M1917A-BZ 19" Black LCD Television from Ebuyer -

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...duct_uid=109941

Although the Camera's are 520tvl with Sony CCD chips, The image is not as clear as i was hoping it to be.. I have fitted 480 TVL cameras Before and had a simular issue. Also the image is coming out a bit darker than i would like but the shop has sufficient lighting.

Can someone please advise me on what is the Factor that is letting the image quality down. Is it the camera quality, the Quad or the Lcd/TV screen that cannot output the quality.

Plz help.

Thanks Addaz

The monitor won't have a termination switch.

What is the image like if you connect a camera directly into the monitor, you might need a bnc to rca adapter.

If the picture is ok with a camera plugged in directly then its likely to be the quality of the quad.

What are the images like if you just select one camera view on the quad?

i'd suspect the fact your using an Tv as a monitor on a colour camera and quad unit, try again with a 'proper' colour monitor as many cheap Tv's can't handle the quad signal and causes interference, add the loss's of the quad and wallah bad image's.

if i'm right then change your monitor to colour CRT monitor/tv. yes i know it may 'sting' a bit, but this is a buisness your running, and your reputation is at stake, try to negotiate the upgrade with your client but if they won't budge, imo you will have just have to 'swallow' the cost and learn from the experience.

using a Tv renders the owner liable to the cost of a Tv licence, ensure you client is covered or he may sue you for bad advice and recovery of any fines impossed.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived