Security Installer Community

Bnc Splitting

Ish

understand

could you link the outputs from two of the dvrs into the third tell it not to record that numbers input then its just one output to the spare monitors

ie daisy chain them it sholud just be a case of wiring between the three then out to the monitors saves the cost of a new quad splitter just a bit of cable and labour

you can do this, the problem there andy is you will have 16 screens into one segment, you'd need a magnifying glass to see them.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

One thing to bear in mind is that you must terminate at the end-of-line (Alan - shame on you for not knowing this ;-) )

If you come out of the switcher, into a T-Peice and then off in opposite directions, your termination will be in the middle if you switch the monitors to Hi-Z.

Best bet, rather than use a T-Peice, use a cheap and chearful 2 channel VDA, terminate your monitors, job done.

One thing to bear in mind is that you must terminate at the end-of-line (Alan - shame on you for not knowing this ;-) )

matt, read my post 2# again mate - the bit abut inpedance etc - or don't you know that's what it's about :whistle: )

;)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

office got a pc in it ? network viewer built in to dvr ? job done ! or if not buy a cheap network hub and connect it all together would be the way i would do it

if they have static ip address they or you can dial in as well

not done networking myself but am booked on the system q course to find out all about it

strong advise to anyone who is not familiar with tcpip is to continue NOT touching it.

nothing good in it when you just add a hub without having a clue how it affects network performance.

Guest anguscanplay
strong advise to anyone who is not familiar with tcpip is to continue NOT touching it.

nothing good in it when you just add a hub without having a clue how it affects network performance.

will the course do me any good - not having any previus knowledge means i shouldnt have any preconceptions or will i just be drinking coffee thinking what are they on about?

will the course do me any good - not having any previus knowledge means i shouldnt have any preconceptions or will i just be drinking coffee thinking what are they on about?

have no idea if they serve coffee or tea there but i was few years back in MARCH NETWORKS training course where one of prerequisities was good knowledge of tcp/ip. it might be so that in canada they have good knowledge when a person can type in the IP - address when configuring DVR... and that dvr is considered as high end product..

good start could be "Sam's teach yourself tcp/ip in 24 hours". covers most likely "everything" you need to know about IP addressing and subnetting when working on cctv.

:beer:

If you can still get the Baxall RS3 remote switcher this will do the job

This will allow the 3 DVR main monitor outputs to be connected to the switcher with a coax leading to each of the remote monitors.

At the remote site an in-line 3 button controller then allows individual control and display from each DVR (this can be selected or set on auto sequence).

Up to 16 video inputs and 7 monitor outputs can be connected this way.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Archived