Security Installer Community

Micromark - Vigilantern

RickStevens

check that youve connected to video in pin as that is the cable that has the video on

cheers

I Havent messed around with any of the wires, just scart into a scart joiner, and then into a scart socket with phono output, I tried it on both settings too (in and out). Something seems strange, it will only give me a picture if I connect directly to a TV, if I put it through a scart splitter it doesnt work either :hmm:

i have now found my book with the connections on and here goes

ground - 21 +17

video in - 20

video out - 19

audio left and right in 6+2 respectively

audio out left and right 3+1 respectively

audio ground - 4

cheers

thanks sparky

I can't help thinking that the PIR on the camera has something to do with this problem, however am I right in assuming that if I connect pin 19 to the core on a phono and pin 21 to the shield, I should get a picture, or do I need to connect 21 & 17 to the shield?

Much as I fully understand what you're saying about a loose wire somewhere, how come it will work if the scart is connected directly to a TV, and fails any other way?

I'm trying to put it through my multiplexor, and have had no problems with the GET and Voltek cameras I already have attached, but they didnt incorporate any type of PIR. I believe the PIR will automatically switch the AV channel when activated, any idea which pins this might use on the scart, would shorting them leave the picture permanently on?

the picture will always be there the pir activates the pin7 or 8 to get tv to switch it doesnt switch the video feed.

connect the centre coax core to pin 19 and sheild or outer core of coax to the pin 21.

hope this helps

cheers

colin

AArrrggHH!!! - still wont work,when I connect to pin 19 and 21 :ranting::ranting: think I might go and sulk for a bit :angry:

What you need to be careful of is some budget scart devices do not have all the pins connected, so when you connect the camera direct to the tv it will work, when you do it through another device it wont work.

Some useful links:

http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/data/pinout/scart.htm

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/scarts2.htm

http://www.physiol.ox.ac.uk/~trp/pinouts.html

have you checked the pir on the back of the lantern??

Yeah, I think I've checked everything. Like I said, the strange thing is the camera will work fine when I connect it directly to the scart socket on a TV. Its only when I add adaptors to convert it to phono that I can't get a picture.

The adaptors are all working as well, s I've tested them with a different camera with no problems. Think I'll go back to buying Voltek - they're easier to fit

Yeah, I think I've checked everything. Like I said, the strange thing is the camera will work fine when I connect it directly to the scart socket on a TV. Its only when I add adaptors to convert it to phono that I can't get a picture.

The adaptors are all working as well, s I've tested them with a different camera with no problems. Think I'll go back to buying Voltek - they're easier to fit

Is the other camera identical to the other one?

When testing the other camera do you connect them up excactly the same as the other one?

From what your describing the fault is with one of your scart plugs/adaptors, in that it is tripping out the signal. try checking for th signal on both th evideo in and the video out plugs from the adaptor.

Micromark also provide tech support on their products, give them a call and report back:

Help when you need it Micromark have a team of dedicated engineers trained to help with technical inquiries and offer expert advice on the Micromark range of security products.

Micromark Technical Helpline: 0870 271 3029 Mon-Fri 8.30pm - 5.30pm

Is the other camera identical to the other one?

When testing the other camera do you connect them up excactly the same as the other one?

From what your describing the fault is with one of your scart plugs/adaptors, in that it is tripping out the signal. try checking for th signal on both th evideo in and the video out plugs from the adaptor.

The camera's are different, one is a GETS Pan Tilt which connects via scart, and works if I connect it up the same way as the vigilantern. After a bit more fiddling around...If I connect a scart coupler to the vigilantern, and then another scart lead to the other side, I still get a picture via scart on the TV, hence proving that the coupler works. Once I connect the scart to a scart/phono adaptor the picture disappears (on both in and out settings), however if I connect a different camera through the coupler and the convertor, it works fine, hence proving that the scart to phono adaptor works as well

have you tried opening the scart plug and going on pins 19+21?

yup

Guest anguscanplay

thinking out loud as this unit has a pir on it with no power if you dont use the scart lead

one of the pins in the scart lead needs connecting to ground to "allow the camera" to work - this happens automatically when the scart is plugged in but obviously not when taking signal through the adaptor

a lot of these type of units are one camera one telly designed so i would be looking for a pin connection diagram from micromark and seeing which pins need grounding etc

only thing that makes sense

Archived