Security Installer Community

Info On Wiring 240v Pan/tilt

rog8811

If i remember correctly, ac motors have 2 windings so this accounts for the 4 wires, and to drive the motor

you need to common one wire from each winding and connect to neutral and then you need a cap connected

across the remaining wires, the live is then connected to one end of the cap to run the motor and if connected

to the opposite leg of the cap the motor should run in reverse

@ Doktor john, Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to take the whole thing appart to fully read the motor labels as they are hard against the housing :( The circuit board has a large ceramic clad resistor on it and a M8824 IC chip, which I think is a derivative of an LM (?) 555 timer/clock chip so auto pan looks likely. That should be easy enough to bypass.

@ Andy D, I think you may be on to something there On the end stop microswitch mounts I have uncovered some large (ish) capacitors and, although it is hidden by loom wrapping some of the motor wires seem to be commoned up.

Getting ever closer :) I have e-mailed the company that took over from Molynx videmech, someone from the company phoned before I got home and had gone out before I could get back to him....but some hope there maybe.

Regards rog8811

:yes: Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! the very nice man at Bewator came up trumps, I e-mailed him a photo and he recognised the unit under a different type number (P60).

I now have a pdf with chapter and verse on the unit and have had it running!

Thank you all for your input, as it turns out (and in and up and down :) ) you had got me very close to the final solution.

Next bit should be fun, I am going to try and rig it up so that the PTZ & Focus are operated with an 8 channel RF remote.

Archived