Security Installer Community

Geovision 800 Software

ChrisPBacon

Hi,

I've had a GeoVision 800-4 100FPS card and software (v6.05) running on a pc (XP Professional) quite happily for a couple of years.

I've bought a new pc running Vista and have transferred the card into it but, upon attempting to install the relevant drivers, Vista complains and refuses to install them :angry:

I assume the drivers are not compatible? Have GeoVision released Vista drivers? Anyone know if they're likely to? I've googled and can't find any answers!

I guess my two options are

(i) buy a mega cheap pc running XP and use that one for my CCTV system (probably

I have heard geo will be bringing out a vista update, but dont have any idea when....

Personally I would not recommend running anything critical (like security) on vista yet, its still new, and likely to have security flaws discovered that could leave it wide open. It may be a safe operating system, but when has microsoft ever written anything safe first time round in the last few years?

my wife works for a IT support firm, bought a new lap top through them at discount. asked about Vista which is a free upgrade and like most computerwise people i've spoken to, strongly advised against it.

reasons put were mainly due to lack of drivers, incompatbilities with software and so on. no doubt it will all get sorted out in time like with 95/98 and XP has. but why commit so early and suffer the bumps?

you only need upgrade when something you must have is Vista only compatible, or MS stops supporting XP.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived