Security Installer Community

Tamper Reset Required

DanMax

unfornately there is no 'quick fix' as you put it - with a system this size i presume you are a commercial premises and you are under a contract with initial that does,nt encompass 'free calls' .

I would also surmize that the tamper that happened was something you did or saw done and you have 'fixed' ot by putting the cover back on etc.

We are not allowed to tell you a engineer code or how to program your system & if you did it would invalidate your insurance.

Please swallow your pride and ring initial - if it will wait until Monday (bearing in mind it is possibly a condition of your insurance that it has to be set/working) it might be cheaper but

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Yes cover was removed.

There is not contract as its not commercial. It's a bit of an //.B.W.F.// when you pay for a system and then can't do with it what you want.

Surely they have to supply the code if you request it?

You could ask them if they would be prepared to reset the code for you, no doubt they would charge for this, if they were prepared to do it.

You could always get a local firm to take the system over and they would be able to reprogram the system for you as well.

Either way it will cost money.

Did you end the contract amicably?

The other thing to remember the Galaxy panel is not a DIY panel, if you are not aware of the settings and what your accessing you will casue more damage than good.

You could ask them if they would be prepared to reset the code for you, no doubt they would charge for this, if they were prepared to do it.

You could always get a local firm to take the system over and they would be able to reprogram the system for you as well.

Either way it will cost money.

Did you end the contract amicably?

The other thing to remember the Galaxy panel is not a DIY panel, if you are not aware of the settings and what your accessing you will casue more damage than good.

Yes maybe they will reset it to the manufacturers code then if this problem occurs I can reset easily. As there was no maintenance contract taken out I don't want to be tied if a problem like this occurs again.

Yes cover was removed.

There is not contract as its not commercial. It's a bit of an //.B.W.F.// when you pay for a system and then can't do with it what you want.

NO the code is theirs & also the procedure you want is a engineer function.

As alarmgard says they may attend and change the code and reset levels for you but you will get charged one way or another.

I would reccomend ringing their office on Monday, speaking to their engineering manager and see if you can come to a amacable agreement.

Alternitively find a local installer who will 'crash' the panel and reprogramme it to your requirements.

This is not a DIY panel .

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest Dave the alarm man

I like that sort of logic, sure you don't spend any money with them but "can you supply me with info to get it working again please?"

so how would you feel if the code to access & change the programming of your security system is given out to all & sundy, vulnerable maybe? :rolleyes:

Yes cover was removed.

So, you 'played' with the system which then gave indications, correctly, of an issue.

and now you want someone to get you back up and running free of charge.

Are we to assume you work for free too???

As an analogy, if you 'play' with your car engine and then get warning indications of potential problem. Do you expect the garage to fix it FOC??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived