Security Installer Community

Wireless again!

Guest Jlo

I concerned of the way that the system has responded to a power outage - even if the battery runs down, shouldn't the NV RAM maintain the settings? After mains power is restored, should the alarm go into full alarm activation mode?

The NVM should have remembered all settings, I think the fault lies in the way it was re-powered up.

Try disconnecting the panel backup battery and then turning on the mains to the panel. Your code should work to silence the alarm, then refit the backup battery and close the panel lid, then reset the system in the normal way. And allow 24 hours for the battery to re-charge.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 years later...

:)

Hi,

I have read quite a few of the tread with regards to Wireless systems and the fact they are not rated!

I help'ed fit a Moss wireless alarm 11 years ago to there house which was very reliable until a gust of wind blue the bell box off!!! So much for my installation.

Anyway I advised them to go to a local alarm company (Nascoss aproved etc) and get a profesional fit alarm.

They were quoted and went for a wirless system again. Bells only. FM4000E unit, 4 pirs, Magnetic switch on front door and had the garage wired with magnetic switches, X7 bell on front and dummy on rear for around £500.

Been using for 3 weeks and so far no false alarms and they are very happy. I have done a walk test and confirmed all sensors working correctly.

Anyone have good or bad opinions on the FM4000 series?

My Father in Law had a Yale wirless alarm fitted (Not Nascoss or approved fitters) and I have to say he has had no false alarms either and been up for over a year. Its a shame though one has to go up to the bell box every 2 years on the yale system to change the batteries! Not good for a 79 year old!)

Just my thoughts although reading the threads here if I move I think I may still edge for wired!

cheers

James

Archived