Specification

cjay

Customer pays for what they get....

1. did you do a risk assesment

2. Did you give the customer a SDP

3. Did you give a small works Cert for the Mains

4. What grade of system did you fit according to the RA

I bet the answer is no to all.

So in short the alarm is not woth a bean in the insurance co's eye's.

You get what you pay for, pay cheap and get a muppet fitting accenters on a sunday.

No offence whistle, i respect all your posts but,

what are you basing these questions and your final assumption on?

the topic starter didnt give much information out and checking his previous posts, doesn't seem to be a pro installer.

weekend installers may be the guys who do fantastic work all week long for their employer.

cheers mate, I'm not trying to wind you up buddy.

Customer pays for what they get....

1. did you do a risk assesment

2. Did you give the customer a SDP

3. Did you give a small works Cert for the Mains

4. What grade of system did you fit according to the RA

I bet the answer is no to all.

So in short the alarm is not woth a bean in the insurance co's eye's.

You get what you pay for, pay cheap and get a muppet fitting accenters on a sunday.

whistle you are so ignorant, i don't know who you think you are, its accenta not accenter.

:P

hangs head in shame for knowing that :blush::blush:

Sorry i take the muppet part back

but thats it.

If you go out selling intruder systems you sould at least be able to provide a spec and know what one is.

your dead right mate but im not so sure he does go out selling. surely he doesnt? it seems more like a hobby for friends.

btw, i dont do private jobs at the weekend. we know who the muppets are, lol

Guest anguscanplay
your dead right mate but im not so sure he does go out selling. surely he doesnt? it seems more like a hobby for friends.

btw, i dont do private jobs at the weekend. we know who the muppets are, lol

trading standards - it aint a hobby if its for payment or reward ( even if no money changes hands ) but i bet if you asked the O/P what his occupation is it would " oh I install alarms ...... you want one " if not then he should admit it to his "customer " so they know - this isnt a case of " everyone has to start somewhere, give him a break " this is about the way the industry is seen as unproffesional out in the real world and why everyone who ever managed to build an IKEA wardrobe ( and I would expect short answers if I had to ask where to start fitting wallpaper - lol ) thinks they can do their own alarms

ranting

Angus

Guest Dave the alarm man
Customers insurance company contacted me requesting a 'specification' for a recent intruder alarm installation.

ever job should have one :whistle:

the next monkey on your back will the sub moaning the system does not meet the insurers requirements

whistle you are so ignorant, i don't know who you think you are, its accenta not accenter.

:P

hangs head in shame for knowing that :blush::blush:

Thats cos i keep as far away as i can from that cack.

trading standards - it aint a hobby if its for payment or reward ( even if no money changes hands ) but i bet if you asked the O/P what his occupation is it would " oh I install alarms ...... you want one " if not then he should admit it to his "customer " so they know - this isnt a case of " everyone has to start somewhere, give him a break " this is about the way the industry is seen as unproffesional out in the real world and why everyone who ever managed to build an IKEA wardrobe ( and I would expect short answers if I had to ask where to start fitting wallpaper - lol ) thinks they can do their own alarms

ranting

Angus

of course your right angus and i know better than to disagree but........

we don't have the silly part p regs for alarms or thank god anything like it. Any d.i.y. that excludes anything covered by part p or such like done by any individual doesn't have to comply to anything except the customers expectations. i don't think anyone mentioned payment although we can assume it was.

I'm just saying that with the information we were given by the poster it was possible to give an answer.

i know we are not here to train diy'ers or to give work away but in this case i thought he was given a shrill answer from the start.

i agree a spec is the most basic starting point and cant imagine a pro failing to grasp the idea, or indeed asking on a site full of pro's what one is.

that's all i have to say and may change my mind in future posts.

go on mate.

Guest anguscanplay
of course your right angus and i know better than to disagree but........

we don't have the silly part p regs for alarms or thank god anything like it. Any d.i.y. that excludes anything covered by part p or such like done by any individual doesn't have to comply to anything except the customers expectations. i don't think anyone mentioned payment although we can assume it was.

I'm just saying that with the information we were given by the poster it was possible to give an answer.

i know we are not here to train diy'ers or to give work away but in this case i thought he was given a shrill answer from the start.

i agree a spec is the most basic starting point and cant imagine a pro failing to grasp the idea, or indeed asking on a site full of pro's what one is.

that's all i have to say and may change my mind in future posts.

go on mate.

i agree ( that shocked yer didnt it ) the first two replies were curt , one was blunt and one tried to convey the answer softly but both are the right correct advice - if your fitting for " customers " then you have a minumum standard to work too. Thats the reason trading standards exists , we do have regs for alarms - its an old chestnut but the fact someone doesnt know them is no defence in court when it all goes pear shaped . thats the reason civil courts exist.Im not proclaming everyone should be a member of the NSI , SSAIB thing but if the o/p is installing for a living but doesnt know such basic things as what goes in a " spec "then he can only be adding to the whole " you guys are ripping inocents off, charging too much for your knowledge,why should we pay twice for manuals " hysteria surrounding our trade at the moment , there again if he is a " weekend warrior " he is most likely breaking the law too

End of the day this thread will serve as an example of why the much needed liscencing scheme can only be a good thing

nothing prsonal to the o/p - I bet he`s really a nice person but this industry needs to get its act together like the gas trade did

Angus

i agree ( that shocked yer didnt it ) the first two replies were curt , one was blunt and one tried to convey the answer softly but both are the right correct advice - if your fitting for " customers " then you have a minumum standard to work too. Thats the reason trading standards exists , we do have regs for alarms - its an old chestnut but the fact someone doesnt know them is no defence in court when it all goes pear shaped . thats the reason civil courts exist.Im not proclaming everyone should be a member of the NSI , SSAIB thing but if the o/p is installing for a living but doesnt know such basic things as what goes in a " spec "then he can only be adding to the whole " you guys are ripping inocents off, charging too much for your knowledge,why should we pay twice for manuals " hysteria surrounding our trade at the moment , there again if he is a " weekend warrior " he is most likely breaking the law too

End of the day this thread will serve as an example of why the much needed liscencing scheme can only be a good thing

nothing prsonal to the o/p - I bet he`s really a nice person but this industry needs to get its act together like the gas trade did

Angus

Hmmmm Corgi = Part P.

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Archived