Security Installer Community

Problem With C&k Securitech Panel Keypad?

deano29

Don't know if anyone can help me or not, but the 'mains' light on the keypad is no longer lit. I still get the room pir's detecting, the red light is still on, on the outside sounder box, the breaker is on and mains is getting to the switched spur for the white panel. When I press the keys on the keypad they no longer beep, but still illuminate green?

Does anyone know what might of happened?

Don't know if anyone can help me or not, but the 'mains' light on the keypad is no longer lit. I still get the room pir's detecting, the red light is still on, on the outside sounder box, the breaker is on and mains is getting to the switched spur for the white panel. When I press the keys on the keypad they no longer beep, but still illuminate green?

Does anyone know what might of happened?

most likely caused by a duff battery in the control panel.

Yeah, thought it might be. Just worried what will happen when I open the control box?

I removed the front off the keypad to try and check voltages but expected the alarm to go off - it never?

I am actually a maintenance electrician but never had any experience with alarms :'(

As you will know there is 240v in the panel.

If you open panel.....enter your code as tamper will go off.......old battery out........switch power off.....wait 10 secs.........power on..........new battery on............close panel and enter code to reset.

If this does not work then i would call an engineer but as Alter said it sounds your battery is duff

cheers

!

Archived