Security Installer Community

Hi Can Some Help Me? Problem With Visonic System

MALI1775

HI

IM NEW TO INSTALLING ALARMS

JUST STARTING UP MY BUSSINESS

BROUGHT VISONIC WIRELESS SYSTEM

HAVE SETUP THE SYSTEM

EVERYTHING IS WORKING EXCEPT THE REMOTE ACCESS BY PHONE.

WHEN I DIAL FROM MY MOBILE IT KEEPS RING, DONT HERE ANY SOUNDS OR ANYTHING,

MANAUL IS NOT VERY GOOD.

THE SYSTEM DOES CALL ME WHEN THE ALARMS IS ACTIVITED.

I THING IT MAY HAVE SOMRTHING TO DO WITH THE TELEPHONE WIRING FROM THE SOCKET TO ALARM

HI

IM NEW TO INSTALLING ALARMS

JUST STARTING UP MY BUSSINESS

BROUGHT VISONIC WIRELESS SYSTEM

HAVE SETUP THE SYSTEM

EVERYTHING IS WORKING EXCEPT THE REMOTE ACCESS BY PHONE.

WHEN I DIAL FROM MY MOBILE IT KEEPS RING, DONT HERE ANY SOUNDS OR ANYTHING,

MANAUL IS NOT VERY GOOD.

THE SYSTEM DOES CALL ME WHEN THE ALARMS IS ACTIVITED.

I THING IT MAY HAVE SOMRTHING TO DO WITH THE TELEPHONE WIRING FROM THE SOCKET TO ALARM

It doesnt have anything to do with your telephone wiring mate if its ringing you when the alarm activates.

Its sounds like a programming error ,what exactly are you trying to get it to do?

It doesnt have anything to do with your telephone wiring mate if its ringing you when the alarm activates.

Its sounds like a programming error ,what exactly are you trying to get it to do?

the system can be remote accessed via telephonne/moblie

when i ring the alarm telephone line it just keeps on ringing

I thing it should stop ring at 10 rings or something and then it makes a sound and then u have to eenter code

u can use the remote access to enable and disaable the alarm and listen in.

I have enabled remote access in the settings

the system can be remote accessed via telephonne/moblie

when i ring the alarm telephone line it just keeps on ringing

I thing it should stop ring at 10 rings or something and then it makes a sound and then u have to eenter code

u can use the remote access to enable and disaable the alarm and listen in.

I have enabled remote access in the settings

some panels have the option to defeat answer phones on the same line by you wringing in and hanging up say in 3 rings then immediately ringing in again (or within set time windows) the break in ringing wakes up the alarm to answer or all incommong calls would end up in the alarm panel, so would not be a very good idea.

obviously something is amiss, so contact you vendor if you can't sort it is you 1st move, but might be a lot quicker to default the panel according to the supplied engineer instructions and re-program from scratch.

you say you have just started up in business, you seem to be finding out real early how easy and simple alarms are to install :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

some panels have the option to defeat answer phones on the same line by you wringing in and hanging up say in 3 rings then immediately ringing in again (or within set time windows) the break in ringing wakes up the alarm to answer or all incommong calls would end up in the alarm panel, so would not be a very good idea.

obviously something is amiss, so contact you vendor if you can't sort it is you 1st move, but might be a lot quicker to default the panel according to the supplied engineer instructions and re-program from scratch.

you say you have just started up in business, you seem to be finding out real early how easy and simple alarms are to install :whistle:

regs

alan

nothing in life is easy Arfur mo

everyone learns by mistakes

Guest anguscanplay

evening mali1775

if you ARE setting up as an alarm guy it might be worth trying to get trade vetted as you`ll find there`s a lot more in depth advice that can be posted " in trade " as it were.

other than that a good engineer should have it up and running in no time.

angus

nothing in life is easy Arfur mo

everyone learns by mistakes

very true, i've got the 'T' shirt and mug to prove it.

when you work for a firm ultimately the boss is responsible to get it sorted some way if you can't, but when you are on your own the buck stops with you and can turn into a very hot potato, especially if your without much experience and don't have a helpful acquaintance you can call on to get you out of the kack when it happens, your just inviting strife and problems into your life.

you might be wiser to go with more conventional less exotic wired panels to build up your experience, simple scantronics or gardtec cpx panels are wizzy enough to cut your teethe on and keep it interesting.

flashing lights and whistles are enticing, this system is in your home so not to bad, but imagine if it was a job a 120 mile drive away just to get there, and we were all hungry when we 1st started out so you take everything offered to pay the bills.

then you have to do extra unexpected trips to solve such problems. so set yourself a format and learn it thoroughly, remember your no longer doing your family or mates favour's, but being paid for doing the job where the client has the right and expects professionalism, so simply be as professional as you can and not make rods for your back by running before walking :) .

speech over other than wishing you the very best of luck.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks for all your help guys !!!!!

got the remote access function to work!!!!!

the powermax+ is great its just the manual is not very clear!!!

Thats good news.

What new line of business are you just moving into ???

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived