Security Installer Community

One For Arfur Mo .....

Guest anguscanplay

Started work with a company who shall remain nameless, on the Thursday of my first week I phoned them to say that the car was parked ...... keys in the exhaust and that I did not want to be associated with a firm that was doing nothing other than installing service faults that were untraceable.

Never mind the twist joints under the carpet on a concrete floor that had oxidised in 3 weeks!!!!!

Unfortunately they kept on and eventually sold out to one of the nationals, made

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
I did not want to be associated with a firm that was doing nothing other than installing service faults that were untraceable.

Never mind the twist joints under the carpet on a concrete floor that had oxidised in 3 weeks!!!!!

Unfortunately they kept on and eventually sold out to one of the nationals, made

agree with your sentiments there ref the joints etc but what other choice did we have back then other than multiple sensors per zone?

Shorrocks, YTA, Acorn, G Lowe etc

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

agree with your sentiments there ref the joints etc but what other choice did we have back then other than multiple sensors per zone?

Not much choice as the panels were not all singing and dancing as they are now.

Not much choice as the panels were not all singing and dancing as they are now.

But we're talking about multi circuit, not all singing and dancing

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

at the time there was a company called JS Security in east london making muti-zone panels, i used them for my pj's asthey were just excellent

also securitec and bentley made 'off the shelf' multi-zoners - key operated at that and were very good for the era.

not sure exactely when castle panels came onto the scene, as i never used them. but they had some of the 1st multiplexer type panels with zone expanders and the likes. think they had the lead for a couple of years, but they seemed very complex even to sort out what plug in bits you needed, and a bit jittery to me, at the time so i steered clear.

Munford & White also had multizone panels but suffered lousy pcb soldering (who remembers that if a pab was pushed the bell could not be stopped from the panel?), then the beloved 9100 was born - boy, now that was a real classic in comparison what can compare today?.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Munford & White also had multizone panels but suffered lousy pcb soldering (who remembers that if a pab was pushed the bell could not be stopped from the panel?), then the beloved 9100 was born - boy, now that was a real classic in comparison what can compare today?.

regs

alan

that the one with the normally open panic button - yep doing one of them too any day now, will post you some more pics ( unless you want em sending under plain packaging and no names will appear on your credit card ROFL ) when its in the back of my car

Guest anguscanplay

MX was our first real domestic multizone ( only got 2 left to do now ) - wasnt that M&W too or is that the one you meant last post

You been around since '78ish then?

I gather about 40,000(?) were installed before the BS80 Super came out in Feb '83

Pity old Gerry MacNamara didn't last as long as this panel. Poor blighter died of a heart attack soon after he sold the firm.

Weren't Winton-Jaybee down in Winchester making multi-zoned panels about that time? :unsure:

Archived