Security Installer Community

Help Electricity Cut Resulted In Alarm Permanently On

Gavinsearle

help! i have an sl compact alarm. we had a long power cut last night and when the power came back on, the alarm went off, as it would normally do. however, when i put in the usual code to switch the alarm off, it didnt work at all. i have had to switch the electricity off to disable the alarm.

i tried switching the electricity back on several hours later and the alarm bleeped as is i had just come in the house. i tried the usual code but again it didnt work and the alarm went off.

i have had to switch most of the electricity off in the house, including the heating system and cant get anyone out. please help! any advice greatly appreciated. many thanks

help! i have an sl compact alarm. we had a long power cut last night and when the power came back on, the alarm went off, as it would normally do. however, when i put in the usual code to switch the alarm off, it didnt work at all. i have had to switch the electricity off to disable the alarm.

i tried switching the electricity back on several hours later and the alarm bleeped as is i had just come in the house. i tried the usual code but again it didnt work and the alarm went off.

i have had to switch most of the electricity off in the house, including the heating system and cant get anyone out. please help! any advice greatly appreciated. many thanks

seems you panel has lost it's programming and gone back to default (they way it arrives out of the box). if you have any manual's some where it should give the default user codes. you will need to have the system reprogrammed and the back up battery replaced, but then i'd go for a decent panel fitted by a decent engineer.

hope it helps

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

someone has very kindly told me the factory preset code that it seems the alarm reverted to. i had already booked an engineer to come out but he couldnt comer for a few days. so i'll keep the booking anyway as, like you say, there is obviously some problem with it. thanks very much for your swift response, it is greatly appreciated! i had no electricity or heating and have a small baby so thought we were going to have to move out until it was fixed! thank you, i am so grateful to everyone who answered me!

someone has very kindly told me the factory preset code that it seems the alarm reverted to. i had already booked an engineer to come out but he couldnt comer for a few days. so i'll keep the booking anyway as, like you say, there is obviously some problem with it. thanks very much for your swift response, it is greatly appreciated! i had no electricity or heating and have a small baby so thought we were going to have to move out until it was fixed! thank you, i am so grateful to everyone who answered me!

flipping heck!

talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water Gavin :)

seriously though pleased to have been of help

but why am i now getting these visions of the nativity scene? and this tune playing in my head

"aaaaway in is my ringer, no box for my bell, the little yuasa battery has no power = oh hell!"

i must get a new can of ovaltine :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

flipping heck!

but why am i now getting these visions of the nativity scene? and this tune playing in my head

"aaaaway in is my ringer, no box for my bell, the little yuasa battery has no power = oh hell!"

i must get a new can of ovaltine :)

regs

alan

:rolleyes::banned: :banned:

• 1 month later...
flipping heck!

i must get a new can of ovaltine :):yes:

regs

alan

:cry::P

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived