Security Installer Community

Veritas R8

PaulSafety

Hi

I have a problem with an existing veritas R8 - it must be an old one, the house is 10 years old and alrm inplace when I moved in 3 years ago. We had a new back door fitted and disturbed the sensor. Now we have a tamper problem. The alarm installation company has gone -the phone no doesnt exist anymore. I have downloaded the installation manual and tried to reset engineers codes etc - but cant get it to do anything now! I disconnected mains and battery and hoped to be able to reset back to factory settings -but it then gave a constant beep beep beep - wouldnt accept factory code or engineers code -but our existing user code shut it up -now it just shows all zone lights lit and tamper and just does one loud beep when i try anything - any asistance would be appreciated. I tried asking one alam company locally who just said - dont know!.

thanks

Paul

Sorry if I have breached any rules - I have read them and cant see where I have gone wrong? can you advise as I wouldnt want to breach any code of conduct intentionally

thanks

4. #

Do NOT post security control equipment defaulting information. You will incur a warning and your post will be removed.

That's why nobody should tell you such things in a public forum.....

Tis the rules!

;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

4. #

Do NOT post security control equipment defaulting information. You will incur a warning and your post will be removed.

That's why nobody should tell you such things in a public forum.....

Tis the rules!

;)

Ok sorry about that -I was just trying anything and didnt know that was how to default it!

(shame it didnt work!)..

Any advice on what I can do? - as I said I tried a local well known company to get advice or a repair - they were not helpfull

thanks

Ok sorry about that -I was just trying anything and didnt know that was how to default it!

(shame it didnt work!)..

Any advice on what I can do? - as I said I tried a local well known company to get advice or a repair - they were not helpfull

thanks

when did you ask them?

i would advise you look in the classified (security) section of your local rag for a local one man band type security firm (who will probably list his home or mobile number). However at this time of year it won,t be cheap unless you get lucky.

By your description it needs somebody to look at it who is an alarm engineer.

Sorry we can,t we of more help but the site rules are there for a (obvious ) reason

merry xmas

Paul

PS you could put a request on here for a local engineer to give you a ring/e-mail, again you may be lucky

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest anguscanplay

yep - unfortunatly by fiddling your made a minor problem (how do I disconnect a door contact - advise all over the forum) into a nighmare scenario for us.

try a few other firms - were not all bad

Archived