Security Installer Community

Gardtec Speech Dialler

DES

need to reprog gardtec speech dialler can anybody explain how to crash. fitted for a friend foc .

i cannot, for the life of me remember if the nvm can be reset to factory setting.

Due to site rules and common sense we cannot inform you of the methods used to crash security equipment.

Although it can be reset.

Due to site rules and common sense we cannot inform you of the methods used to crash security equipment.

i understand thanks that does help.

i have a user manual.

is there a installation manual ? if so im sure i can get hold of one. or i will call manufacturer when back at office.

Guest anguscanplay

i understand thanks that does help.

i have a user manual.

is there a installation manual ? if so im sure i can get hold of one. or i will call manufacturer when back at office.

have to ring tech support I`m afraid - there shut till the new year now

• 2 months later...

Had some fun with one of these diallers today (yeah, I have been working on Good Friday

:unsure: )

The customer announced that they could not get it to phone them.

Checking the circuits and programming revealed nowt. The phoneline is not broadband, and everything checks out good.

Unplugging the bt cable gives a LF message, but I just cannot get it to call when its all connected back up.

So, I replaced the whole dialler unit.

Nowt better - exactly the same fault.

Has anyone any thoughts please?

Had some fun with one of these diallers today (yeah, I have been working on Good Friday

:unsure: )

The customer announced that they could not get it to phone them.

Checking the circuits and programming revealed nowt. The phoneline is not broadband, and everything checks out good.

Unplugging the bt cable gives a LF message, but I just cannot get it to call when its all connected back up.

So, I replaced the whole dialler unit.

Nowt better - exactly the same fault.

Has anyone any thoughts please?

Can you not get the unit to trigger at all? If not, try triggering the dialer through a transistorised relay instead of off the bell trigger (I'm making an asumption here You could also try fitting a 1k resistor between the trigger input and a neg to pull the input all the way down to 0v when triggered.

Have you tried putting your test phone on the line and listening in to what's happening when it's trying to dial out?

Trade Member

Can you not get the unit to trigger at all? If not, try triggering the dialer through a transistorised relay instead of off the bell trigger (I'm making an asumption here You could also try fitting a 1k resistor between the trigger input and a neg to pull the input all the way down to 0v when triggered.

Have you tried putting your test phone on the line and listening in to what's happening when it's trying to dial out?

nearly the right info - but wrong resistor value suggested and fit it between 12v + AUX and trigger, use 2.2k minimum just to pull the input more positive when not active, as the unit needs a decently defined voltage swing to negative to operate it (as do most dialers because iof the action of shokty input gates).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived