Security Installer Community

Re Zone Doubling New Thoughts

volts240

Gent's, thanks so much for your replys and help, what I think I will do is go for the GT595 as it can take 16 zones i'll use 11 or 12, running a hard wire out to the garage for a door contact and a pir.

Having said and looking at the risco spec on the 595 there's about 8 models 3 1amp and 3 2amp the others are polycarb panels which I dont really like, I wanted metal, the panel will go in the loft, but as it's metal have you ever come across problems with condensation ? Yes I am sparks and I understand electrics not a problem but why 1 amp & 2 amp models what is there to begained by + or - 1 amp either way.

So a 595, but whats with the STU ONE, SERIAL, G Tag well I might do, really whatever you gents recommend.

595 ?? lets see one we agree on

4 door contacts wireless

5 PIR's wireless

maybe the glass break when it comes out

or am I being to anal....kindness here please.

Thanks gents lost without your input.

Volts240

Guest anguscanplay
Gent's, thanks so much for your replys and help, what I think I will do is go for the GT595 as it can take 16 zones i'll use 11 or 12, running a hard wire out to the garage for a door contact and a pir.

Having said and looking at the risco spec on the 595 there's about 8 models 3 1amp and 3 2amp the others are polycarb panels which I dont really like, I wanted metal, the panel will go in the loft, but as it's metal have you ever come across problems with condensation ? Yes I am sparks and I understand electrics not a problem but why 1 amp & 2 amp models what is there to begained by + or - 1 amp either way.

So a 595, but whats with the STU ONE, SERIAL, G Tag well I might do, really whatever you gents recommend.

595 ?? lets see one we agree on

4 door contacts wireless

5 PIR's wireless

maybe the glass break when it comes out

or am I being to anal....kindness here please.

Thanks gents lost without your input.

Volts240

well first things first you need 2 radio expanders so that definatly the 490x out the window - forget the idea of not wanting a metal box and go for poly - its cheaper and your not fitting coms so there really isnt the need for it - and same again the smaller power supply unit will do (unless your fitting 3 or more ext sounders, dont let em confuse you with " needs power packs for two bells..." it doesnt)

there is also a school of thought that says , the loft is not ideal, because of the possible extremes in temperature. and also to confirm to current regs ( :rolleyes: ), you need to have the control panel in a protected zone, IE some sort of protection in the loft, from somebody coming in thought the roof tiles / slates. yes one in a million,but if you are that one.....................

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

computers playing up.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Well then I guess reading from the replies we are agree on a poly model, which from the Risco book will be the KIT595PGTAGID making sure when I ring them that it's a 2 amp psu !! yes.......

It does have to go in the loft it's the only place I can run a suplpy to it really with out a lot of bother. I will also get 2 expanders for the 11/ 12 zones I am going to install.

I have 2 vision siren's fitted up allready outside.

Is that about the lot then I should be looking at............

Thanks,

Volts240

Guest anguscanplay
Well then I guess reading from the replies we are agree on a poly model, which from the Risco book will be the KIT595PGTAGID making sure when I ring them that it's a 2 amp psu !! yes.......

It does have to go in the loft it's the only place I can run a suplpy to it really with out a lot of bother. I will also get 2 expanders for the 11/ 12 zones I am going to install.

I have 2 vision siren's fitted up allready outside.

Is that about the lot then I should be looking at............

Thanks,

Volts240

11 to 12 zones plus the onboard ones ? plus the radio ones ? or just the radio ones ?

be two radio expanders if it is just wireless - 8 zones per expander

Angus, sorry about that I'm good at not making myself clear, it will be that model I gave you earlier the KIT595PGTAGID

Polycarb panel C/W Modem & GTag.....I think do pls check below.

Althougth they both read the same in spec what't with the "SERIAL CABLE" model do I need that or the other one without as there are only 2 poly listed in the Risco book.?? I know someone said about the PSU ?? & make sure it's 2 amps ??

All my zones will be wireless.......... 4 door contacts with the rest being Pir 5 of.....2 zone expanders as you said.

I may be able to hard wire the garage with a door contact & a pir but that's for later.

Just want you to check it over before I part with the cash.

Angus, sorry about that I'm good at not making myself clear, it will be that model I gave you earlier the KIT595PGTAGID

Polycarb panel C/W Modem & GTag.....I think do pls check below.

Althougth they both read the same in spec what't with the "SERIAL CABLE" model do I need that or the other one without as there are only 2 poly listed in the Risco book.?? I know someone said about the PSU ?? & make sure it's 2 amps ??

All my zones will be wireless.......... 4 door contacts with the rest being Pir 5 of.....2 zone expanders as you said.

I may be able to hard wire the garage with a door contact & a pir but that's for later.

Just want you to check it over before I part with the cash.

Archived