Security Installer Community

Baxall Vivid Upgrade Of Hdd's

RayA

you dont need to set up the vivid, you need to setup your router to allow remote access and then setup port forwarding.

There are plenty of tutorials for this on the web etc.

if you already access your dvr over ip then it is already setup all you need to do is tell your router to send infomation to it when you access remotly.

An easier way is often to use the vpn features of your router.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Assigned & reserved IP for Vivid DVR ie. 192.168.0.15, Setup new DVR services in Netgear DG834GT router for ports 161 and 50000 (as per Vivid standard use).

Then setup Firewall rules for outbound and inbound traffic, set to allow always and send to LAN server & inserted DVR's address 192.168.0.15.

If I try natted DVR IP 192.168.0.15 from Vivid Viewer this works fine over local LAN, however if I try connecting by using the router's ISP assigned address it's a NO go?

Am I missing something simple here?

Do I have to have a static IP from ISP? Has anyone setup Vivid with WAN access that can give me a sample guide with fictive IP's, Vivid / Streamscale manual is useless? Apart from using Baxall Vivid software, is there any other way of viewing "live" over WAN ie through a web browser?

have you confirmed what you think is ytour extrernal ip with what is my ip etc?

also some isp's do block certain ports. But if it works on your lan then it should work on the web (its all ip after all) assuming your isp isnt blocking the ports your using.

Also a static ip will make things easier but is not essential

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yes, confirmed my IP, through what is my IP site, it's the same as the one I used for DVR configuration (got the IP from the router's status/sync page).

Will need to check if O2 blocks 161 and 50000 ports or maybe try different ports.

Thanks

Try putting the DVR ip address in the DMZ server section of the Netgear router first, if this works then it is a portforwarding issue.

Are you using the same broadband connection that the DVR is using? Some DVR software may have an issue using the same outgoing IP as the DVR is on.

Also are you getting an error message or just failed to connect?

On the www.portforward.com they have a little application free to download to check that the required ports are actually open.

• 1 year later...

It's been a little while, since this topic was opened :rolleyes:, I was looking at other DVR options and I am considering DVR365 as it maybe easier for remote viewing and motion detection setup (struggling with these two on Vivid).

How does this DVR compare with the existing Baxall Vivid Plus in this respect as well as build quality & features?

Archived