Security Installer Community

Dvr To Pc Through Network Cable

secure2007

i used this website to make the crossover cable http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable5.htm and i brought a cat53 network cable from amazon

you should be using the EIA/TIA 568B drawing, but trust me here crimping down RJ45 cables it is easy to accidentally cross over cables or get no connection at all on one or more cores, and this is down to either the user inexperience or the often cheapy crimping tool used.

if you don't have the test kit you can buy a crossover pre built patch lead or a crossover built into an RJ45 to RJ45 through connector from maplins, then use 2 x standard pre made patch leads, and tbh i'd suggest this is the way for you to go.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

right i ping 192.168.1.6 and it came as sent 4 and recieved 4. i have set 192.168.1.6 for the computer and 192.168.1.5 for the dvr. but it still not working. right now when i double click on the network icon for that it says connected but the packets sent is 50 and recieved is 0

There is proberbly a bit more to it. Assuming your physical connections have been made correctly. Have you setup the DVR software correctly, there will be a setup/configuration screen, display options etc. What DVR are you using?

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

A hub and standard network cables will save you no end of grief than trying to use a crossover cable.

See a pc supplier www.scan.co.uk as a good source for a small 5 port 10/100 hub (apprx

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

A hub and standard network cables will save you no end of grief than trying to use a crossover cable.

See a pc supplier www.scan.co.uk as a good source for a small 5 port 10/100 hub (apprx

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived