Security Installer Community

Flat Screen Burn

bobwells

Did a four camera home set up and they said 'would a flat LCD TV screen do on the wall?'

I, of course, said yes and they bought a 26" toshiba lcd.

After a week there's already a considerable burn-in on the screen and needless to say, they are not well pleased.

Is this a common hazard of flat screens? Can anything be done about it? they don't want to sequence.

Thanks

Bob

Did a four camera home set up and they said 'would a flat LCD TV screen do on the wall?'

After a week there's already a considerable burn-in on the screen and needless to say, they are not well pleased.

Is this a common hazard of flat screens? Can anything be done about it? they don't want to sequence.

Thanks

Bob

IIRC, flat screens, as in TFTs, don't suffer from 'Burn in'. Certainly not within a week. I suppose some trace of it may occur eventually.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Thanks

Bob

have you left it switched on that channel all the time 24 hrs, tho saying that i would not have thought burning into the screen would happen that quickly.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

It's switched on from about 11 in the morning until about 9.30 in the evening and then off all night.

I was just amazed that it burnt so quickly.

Will try the white image display. Will that make it go back to normal again? What's the easiest way to display a white image?

Thnks

i would also adjust contrast and brightness to soften the rigid image lines, they won't be watching it in great detail for most of the time, and they have recordings if they do miss something. if they really need to see something they can then turn it up and burn their eye sockets out, then return it back to soft.

i'd also use slow sequential switching with screen 'pop' if available, for what ever reason clients will always set the screen display to be very 'stark' and bleach, most lcds i came across are set up way to high out of the box.

i'm not personally in favour of switching off/on repeatedly, if anything i'd kill the video signal. the on/off switch is not designed for such heavy duty and all the heating up/cooling down stresses the components more than with constant use, so your possibly swapping one problem for another.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Ive installed a good few LCD tv's with static images in commercial kitchens, I havent had the problem. The other thing is with such a big screen its much more noticable. Id get on to the manufacturer and just see what they say, you may have gotten a poor set?

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Archived