Security Installer Community

Dome Focus.

dogtag

I spoke to soon, customer not happy again, camera lasted 3 days but has now reverted back to very blurred image. :angry:

Certainly looks like a camera intermittent fault but why does it clear on power up.??

I suppose we will have to remove camera and return to supplier for repair (haf a day for two men) and system only been installed for less than a month.

Any further information or advice greatfully received.

:( Thanks

Dependant on dome type as suggested before you need to crash the camera via the default pins or short the nvm battery or through the dome menu. If not sure it will be in the install manuel.

just a stright power down and back on does not solve every cctv problem!!

Do you Know a good local locksmith in your area if so please let me know as i might have some work for them. Thanks.

Does it loose focus with "Autofocus" turned off and left off?

Autoffocus is turned on. Not tried it with auto turned off.

Been to site today, removed dome cover, in case it was trying to focus onto cover. exactly same.

Camera will also not focus manually, it just 'tries' to focus.

Turned power off and back on again. Perfect picture.

Supplier thinks it may be a camera module fault, we have now swopped the dome and hope that is the end of it.

Thanks for all your input.

do these things have a "back focus..." like a normal camera?

Not sure, but, there is a camera menu, that enables you to change various focus elements etc. but this does not normally have to be altered.

The other domes on the system (4) are all looking at a similar area and all these are spot on. :unsure:

Guest anguscanplay
Not sure, but, there is a camera menu, that enables you to change various focus elements etc. but this does not normally have to be altered.

The other domes on the system (4) are all looking at a similar area and all these are spot on. :unsure:

it would be a manual adjustment - we used to forget to lock it off again and it caused this kind of problem (but as I say I`ve never worked on a powered dome )

I have seen this problem before.

As with anything that has a microprocessor they can get confused and basically freeze. Most Dome cameras use either a Sony or Hitachi camera module and electrical interference can upset the camera processor but otherwise the Dome is unaffected. Resetting the power clears the problem as the microprocessor is also reset.

The solution in this case is to fit a mains interference filter in line with the mains power supply similar to the type you may use with a PC.

If the problem is not cleared by rebooting the Dome then I would suspect the camera module itself.

Jelly Belly

Senior Support Engineer for a Dome Manufacturer.

http://www.software4cctv.co.uk

I have seen this problem before.

As with anything that has a microprocessor they can get confused and basically freeze. Most Dome cameras use either a Sony or Hitachi camera module and electrical interference can upset the camera processor but otherwise the Dome is unaffected. Resetting the power clears the problem as the microprocessor is also reset.

The solution in this case is to fit a mains interference filter in line with the mains power supply similar to the type you may use with a PC.

If the problem is not cleared by rebooting the Dome then I would suspect the camera module itself.

Jelly Belly

Senior Support Engineer for a Dome Manufacturer.

http://www.software4cctv.co.uk

Hi Jelly thanks for that info, but, we have 3 other cameras with all cabling run together and none of the others were affected. :unsure:

:

Hi Jelly thanks for that info, but, we have 3 other cameras with all cabling run together and none of the others were affected. :unsure:

:ranting: Further problems on another PTZ dome on same site :bruce_h4h: Visited cameras over net to check on replaced dome, all good so far.

One other dome has complete white out on picture??

Checked on log & found that at 6.30AM as it was getting light, a black line swept across the lens, as if a filter was operating. The picture before this was mono as expected, after this it was trying to be colour but was all pixelated, as the day gets brighter, the camera just whites out.

On checking later after dark, this dome is trying to see everything in colour instead of Mono???

Tearing my hair out comes to mind :cry:

Any suggestions??

Archived