Security Installer Community

Adpro Versus The Rest!

daubs8

Hi. Having only installed Adpro fro the past year and a half I now find myself having to price up for a lower end machine (which I know and trust) although the client will consider Adpro. My question is what (obviously if any)? are the main advantages to fitting an adpro over this 'other' DVR??? The job is 6 speedomes, a couple of statics, 3 or 4 users at a time, audio and the ability to open a couple of barriers locally although on occasions from Dubai!!! Thanks.

Adpro is a peice of kit thats main function is video transmission. DVR's in general excluding a few, do not generally conn3ct to an ARC or Central monitoring station mainly since they are stand-a-lone recording devices.

Heitel CAM disk and CAM Servers are stable units but again they are primarily video transmission and as such do not have the full capabilities of even some of the most basic DVR's eg no archiving directly to CD!

Is it Recording or Transmission you are looking for?

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Adpro is a peice of kit thats main function is video transmission. DVR's in general excluding a few, do not generally conn3ct to an ARC or Central monitoring station mainly since they are stand-a-lone recording devices.

You may find that this is going to change greatly this year.

ARCs are putting more emphasis on DVRs as being an ideal method for both storage and signalling over an independant video transmission device.

It makes sense when you look at it from a broader view, ARCs were being bombarded with requests to support x number of the many varied IP cameras (Often cheaply sourced from the far east and also cheaply supported).

By focusing instead on the narrower area of DVRs we refine the support required and can ensure that by supporting all of the main DVRs we can offer the widest possible coverage.

The bonus is obviously that a DVR with network connectivity then allows us to restrospectively view events which did not generate activations remotely, this is obviously a benefit when looking at the buildup to an event compared to any of the video transmission devices which are currently limited to the given buffer for historical data.

There is also now a large drive by the main alarm handling software suppliers to take this route which suits us just fine.

Adpro is still a fantastic dedicated device, but given the way the market is shifting they need to start reviewing their prices.

Note: By the end of this year our ARC will be supporting well over half a dozen DVRs for IP signalling integrated into our core software.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

You may find that this is going to change greatly this year.

:yes:

ARCs were being bombarded with requests to support x number of the many varied IP cameras (Often cheaply sourced from the far east and also cheaply supported).

:hmm: interesting J'.

Note: By the end of this year our ARC will be supporting well over half a dozen DVRs for IP signalling integrated into our core software.

Cool. I can't accuse you of being stuck in the seventies like the others then....

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

;) Obviously we are also integrating where IP signalling devices support it too - Such as the [ADVERT] IPAlarms.co.uk [/ADVERT] product offers in such an easy built in way.

Ah, can't beat a good plug.

We have always been ahead of our time, it's because the R & D guys we lock up in the 'lab' (Store cupboard) keep themselves occupied into the early hours trying out the impossible until they make it work. Always good fun :)

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Anyone used a 'normal' DVR with remote access, and a VDT Net Eye for the transmission ?? We love 'em !

Anyone used a 'normal' DVR with remote access, and a VDT Net Eye for the transmission ?? We love 'em !

Hi. Having only installed Adpro fro the past year and a half I now find myself having to price up for a lower end machine (which I know and trust) although the client will consider Adpro. My question is what (obviously if any)? are the main advantages to fitting an adpro over this 'other' DVR??? The job is 6 speedomes, a couple of statics, 3 or 4 users at a time, audio and the ability to open a couple of barriers locally although on occasions from Dubai!!! Thanks.

I have just started using TeleEye RX units

Great value and you don't need a fixed IP at the site.

So far I'm seeing good results.

The single user software is free and secure (codes from the unit are needed)

TeleEye Website RX units

ADPRO have recently extended their range and it is worth talking to them.

Not only do they have the top of the range Fastrace Prodcut, but have other various Options including Transmission only (FastTx)

But also an FT-R unit which is likely to provide all the functionality you need for recording purposes and including remote Access and control.

You mention the price of

Archived