Security Installer Community

Adpro Versus The Rest!

daubs8

Anyone used a 'normal' DVR with remote access, and a VDT Net Eye for the transmission ?? We love 'em !

We support NetEye (PSTN/ISDN) & NetIP (IP Doh..) as well as Adpro / IP DVRs etc etc...

The neteye/ip are a very good & cost efficient method of signalling and are a great lower end solution for video transmission, again storage can be an issue but they do offer things like memo cam for small onsite storage using memory cards etc.

I am quite keen on them for PA verification and similar but often a job requires more than can be offered with their 4 & 8 port devices.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Hi,

Topspeed: you want a job? :D

But in all seriousness If your looking for just DVR, then the new FastTr will fit the bill. Its in the same format as a Fastrace (19" rack 3U) and has all the features, apart from the trasmission ofcourse.

Techguy: Transmission/ARC's will be changing this year mainly due to the BS regulations and also that IDSN is being phased out (i have already spoken to sites in England that this has happened) so diffrent types of comms will be the norm. ADSL is ofcourse the front runner at the moment, but as other technologies become more available/useable/reliable im sure we will see more systems on diffrent comms.

cheers,

AT1

Techguy: Transmission/ARC's will be changing this year mainly due to the BS regulations and also that IDSN is being phased out (i have already spoken to sites in England that this has happened) so diffrent types of comms will be the norm. ADSL is ofcourse the front runner at the moment, but as other technologies become more available/useable/reliable im sure we will see more systems on diffrent comms.

Aye, but the ISDN issue has been around for a while now and BT are starting to get less defensive about it.

Naturally IP is the preffered method. As this is the public forum I won't go into details about the recent changes but I would be interested in your opinion on integration as opposed to vcg for monitoring.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

• 4 months later...
Hi,

Topspeed: you want a job? :D

But in all seriousness If your looking for just DVR, then the new FastTr will fit the bill. Its in the same format as a Fastrace (19" rack 3U) and has all the features, apart from the trasmission ofcourse.

cheers,

AT1

What about mid/large secure sites that require back up comms. Isdn was a reliable backup in emergencies. Adsl still drops from time to time(reboot require)

Pstn/3g too slow especially if you have a number of alarms and you need to open gates etc.

What alternatives are available and people are using if any??

Monkey

What about mid/large secure sites that require back up comms. Isdn was a reliable backup in emergencies. Adsl still drops from time to time(reboot require)

Pstn/3g too slow especially if you have a number of alarms and you need to open gates etc.

What alternatives are available and people are using if any??

Monkey

Monkey,

Currently this is a problem for all sites (well ones that want to be BS8418 Compatable). However ISDN is still available, but as for how long and what its going to be replaced with is still a mystery, im led to believe that an ISDN replacement based on Fibre will be phased in. In reality thou PSTN is still preferred as although while is slow its usually very stable/secure and has better coverage and reliability than 3g.

Other than that there are no other real alternatives available, GSM diallers and leased lines are not really feasible. Due to coverage and cost implications.

Unfortunately we are in the hands of BT etc at the moment (the nature of the beast i suppose) but as soon as we know what is available we will strive to make it usable.

cheers

AT1

Monkey,

Currently this is a problem for all sites (well ones that want to be BS8418 Compatable). However ISDN is still available, but as for how long and what its going to be replaced with is still a mystery, im led to believe that an ISDN replacement based on Fibre will be phased in. In reality thou PSTN is still preferred as although while is slow its usually very stable/secure and has better coverage and reliability than 3g.

Other than that there are no other real alternatives available, GSM diallers and leased lines are not really feasible. Due to coverage and cost implications.

Unfortunately we are in the hands of BT etc at the moment (the nature of the beast i suppose) but as soon as we know what is available we will strive to make it usable.

cheers

AT1

What are you feelings on mobile networks as a back up? GPRS, EDGE, UMTS (3G) and HSDPA / HSUPA

Have you guys had any testing with these to see the reponce/bandwidth issues?

Regards

Monkey

Archived