Security Installer Community

How Do You Get A Better Picture On Dvr

blade100

hi in the day my pictures are really good and the recordings are clear but by night i can see down the garden and drive way but the picture is very grainy on playback i have good cams but when you put lights on people faces go bright white what the best way round this to get the best picture as possible .

thanks alan

Guest anguscanplay
hi in the day my pictures are really good and the recordings are clear but by night i can see down the garden and drive way but the picture is very grainy on playback i have good cams but when you put lights on people faces go bright white what the best way round this to get the best picture as possible .

thanks alan

"crack that problem my son, and the world will beat a path to your door...." * you`ve just hit the paradox with cameras, they either work at night or during the day but not both

better cameras,set up better than the factory presets, LESS light (yes I really do mean less ) maybe double up the number of cameras viewing a scene between day OR night ones and bobs your proverbial

*or was that mouse traps ?

thanks alan

seems to me you have have the lights to bright or too close to the target area and causing 'flaring' due to reflection of the face's.

try a lower wattage lamp or move it higher so it shines down and not directly at the persons approaching

'haloing' casing bleached out or blackened faces may be because of refective surfaces like white walls reflecting the light source into the camera, and causing the iris to close..

if you can, post some pictures of night operation it might help.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

seems to me you have have the lights to bright or too close to the target area and causing 'flaring' due to reflection of the face's.

try a lower wattage lamp or move it higher so it shines down and not directly at the persons approaching

'haloing' casing bleached out or blackened faces may be because of refective surfaces like white walls reflecting the light source into the camera, and causing the iris to close..

if you can, post some pictures of night operation it might help.

regs

alan

dimmer ?

yah, ive had that & cant remember how i solved it, light is at the wrong colour tempeture ?? colour at night :no: metal halide illumination (but there dear) but good.

I think the cheepest way is to first play with a dimmer, do not use energy saving lamps :no: they are low Pressure mercury vapor (Fluorescent) and they flicker,,,,just standard bulbs or halegen 300 watt flood on a dimmer, theres a member on here called stuart and he's ex dennard, this is more his line to get a more accurate result.

joe

thanks alan

This problem has plagued me since I got my first camera. With a bit of experience, and by experimenting with different cameras and lighting, I have above my front door a Sanyo day/night dome, 0.03lux, and set to high gain, no IR, and the porch lantern is OFF. Even with a 25w bulb, and cardboard placed inside the lantern so that light reflects back at the house, the faces still glow white.

There is a trade off as the overall scene is darker with any light, and grainer due to higher gain in the electronics, but at least then you can see the faces in more detail.

Used to have a cheap ebay camera with IR, the IR was too strong, and the light on was too strong. Get a decent low lux camera if you can, or even illumination using dedicated lighting

Archived