Security Installer Community

Recommend An Entirely Ip Based Dvr For Small Install

masonc

I have been using DM's DS2 line for a while and like them, but I have a project that I want an entirely IP based 8 channel DVR as the locations are spread over a campus and there is fiber to each building for ethernet. The client is also attracted to this solution. Does anyone have a recommendation for an economical solution?

Chris

I have been using DM's DS2 line for a while and like them, but I have a project that I want an entirely IP based 8 channel DVR as the locations are spread over a campus and there is fiber to each building for ethernet. The client is also attracted to this solution. Does anyone have a recommendation for an economical solution?

Chris

If your comfortable with DMs the latest version will accept IP camera inputs (with a mix of analogue if required).

Ilkie

it looks nice but it was not clear to me how many cameras the system would be configured for.

Has anyone real world experience of it?

From what I could tell on the site the camera number is at least 200 plus

Also have you looked at the new NVR system from LJD ? I know they can be a bunch of *** at times, but they do come out with a few good ones. I have been talking this morning with another installer that has used the system and he rated it very highly - Worth a look maybe

Archived