Security Installer Community

Resolution Problem. Dvr Cards? Drivers?

w14a

Hi,

Slight problem occurred with new DVR system so maybe you guys have something to suggest for me.

The PC based DVR installation consists of Howell (http://www.cctvhowell.com/) 2x 8ch HW cards with the max specification as 640*480@25fps per channel recording.

Problem: the system recordings are less than stated: 352x288 (or 320 x 240, when software was desperatively installed as for NTSC) and does not matter what are settings set by software (resolution, Mpeg4/h.264, fps). The fps I can change, compression too, it is recognizable. But resolution sits same 352x288.

Tech support still has no answer for more than 2 months.

What do you think which segment works incorrect? PC bus? Driver? DVR software? Cards? What would you suggest to test? Any ideas?

Thank you for your support.

Regards

Hi,

Slight problem occurred with new DVR system so maybe you guys have something to suggest for me.

The PC based DVR installation consists of Howell (http://www.cctvhowell.com/) 2x 8ch HW cards with the max specification as 640*480@25fps per channel recording.

Problem: the system recordings are less than stated: 352x288 (or 320 x 240, when software was desperatively installed as for NTSC) and does not matter what are settings set by software (resolution, Mpeg4/h.264, fps). The fps I can change, compression too, it is recognizable. But resolution sits same 352x288.

Tech support still has no answer for more than 2 months.

What do you think which segment works incorrect? PC bus? Driver? DVR software? Cards? What would you suggest to test? Any ideas?

Thank you for your support.

Regards

hi mate,

Ive had that problem and it gave me a headace but was logical when i found it ? Graphic's card or the graphics card needs more memory, 25fps is real time, so 256MB min. also try-ram (i would say you need at least 1 gig)

give me the full spec of the PC based DVR (everything) and ill help you as much as i possably can.

is the OS windows XP or Linex :unsure:

joe

• 5 weeks later...
hi mate,

Ive had that problem and it gave me a headace but was logical when i found it ? Graphic's card or the graphics card needs more memory, 25fps is real time, so 256MB min. also try-ram (i would say you need at least 1 gig)

give me the full spec of the PC based DVR (everything) and ill help you as much as i possably can.

is the OS windows XP or Linex :unsure:

joe

Hi,

The system consists of:

MB: HP 085ch (Intel 865G+ICH5)

CPU: P4 2.8GHz

RAM: 1Gb

HDD: SATA 500Gb

Video: NVidia Geforce MX 440 AGPx8, 64Mb

DVRcard: one or two Howell HW808M6 (Philips 1730 based)

sorry, "everything" is too much to put into this message:) I would send any data if you additionally need.

Would be magic if you suggest working solution.

Thanks!

Hi,

The system consists of:

MB: HP 085ch (Intel 865G+ICH5)

CPU: P4 2.8GHz

RAM: 1Gb

HDD: SATA 500Gb

Video: NVidia Geforce MX 440 AGPx8, 64Mb

DVRcard: one or two Howell HW808M6 (Philips 1730 based)

sorry, "everything" is too much to put into this message:) I would send any data if you additionally need.

Would be magic if you suggest working solution.

Thanks!

sorry for delay

Video: NVidia Geforce MX 440 AGPx8, 64Mb :no:

i think it would be a good starting point to change this card, you need 256MB min of ram on the card and go for ATI instead of nVidia.

at this stage we cant go on because that card needs changing :yes:

let me know pal :)

bear

Archived