Security Installer Community

Is This A True Day/night Camera

zs123

Guest anguscanplay

no - ask them for a video clip of movement taken at the same light level, if you want to see how it really performs in the dark

mmmmmmmmmm, looks a nice camera that, but did'nt see anything about filter changing which is true day/night ?my mate has got one of these http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/69032.htm which clearly states day/night filter change.But Ive got one of these http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/colourcctvircamera.htm it does'nt say anything about day/night filters but it is true day/night (ive had it in bits & saw a little servo that changed a filter) so it is'nt always Mentioned.look for changing of filters.

no - ask them for a video clip of movement taken at the same light level, if you want to see how it really performs in the dark

This is not a true day/night as the IR filter is not mechanically moved from the lens for monochrome it processes the picture electronically and using the process of sense-up and dnr picture noise reduction to give a pretty good low light level picture-however because it relys on integration and sense-up as well as the dnr it is very bad at showing good video of moving objects they appear blured and it is impossible to obtain a identification quality picture of anything which moves,if however you only wish to monitor an area for movement then this is a reasonable camera at a good price in the market if however you need the quality i have said it lacks then you would have to tripple the budget you spend.

Hope this helps.

Paul.

(the colour/day picture will probably be perfectly acceptable for the price)

cheers guys, not sure how much it actually costs?!

I saw this recently on eBay, but I then opted for a Sanyo dome and a Vista All-in-One which are both awesome. Both have a moving IR cut filter (which you can clealy hear moving) as well as having digital enhancements like DNR. You can improve night time picture by manually "sensing up" by increasing the Db, opening the iris wide open, etc, all reaching the quoted low lux level, but as mentioned, anything moving in the scene will be a complete blur. And if there is a hint of light, the whole scen is white-washed. Also not good for when it turns daylight, unlight you have an individual setting for day mode.

As ICEBear said, it doesn't mention IR cut filter. This, to me, is a key selling point and is generally found in higher end cameras. I do have a cheap Chinese dome that doesn't have a filter, but the colour rendition is ****, black clothing look blue!

Archived