Security Installer Community

Mobile Dvr's - Anyone Know What The Police Are Using?

oztek

Anyone got any feedback on mobile DVR's, mainly for law enforcement. Do the police in the UK use camera's in their vehicles?

The UK's constabularies have used 'on board' CCTV in their vehicle fleets for many years now (mostly for traffic enforcement).

There are many manufacturers now that offer reliable Mobile DVR solutions, some of which would be used by police here and abroad.

If I remember correctly, JAI's ProVida package was quite widely used, and although Petards took over the rights to the equipment at some stage, they themselves were taken over a few months back by BAE.

As to the most popular equipment currently being used by the police, I'd hate to say .... without first making enquiries :D

The UK's constabularies have used 'on board' CCTV in their vehicle fleets for many years now (mostly for traffic enforcement).

There are many manufacturers now that offer reliable Mobile DVR solutions, some of which would be used by police here and abroad.

If I remember correctly, JAI's ProVida package was quite widely used, and although Petards took over the rights to the equipment at some stage, they themselves were taken over a few months back by BAE.

As to the most popular equipment currently being used by the police, I'd hate to say .... without first making enquiries :D

Provida is used here by the PSNI

Archived