Security Installer Community

Videoswitch Vdc-9 160gb

zackwolf

hello boys and girls,

i hope someone out there can help me with this.i have just upgraded a customers cctv system with a new dvr etc,and i was able to get there old one for home.the model i have got is a non ethernet model according to the firmware.the ethernet card is on the pcb and when i connect a rj45 lead to my router the port on the videoswitch lights up.

does anyone know away to enable the ethernet,be it soldering on the board or flashing the firmware etc.i have spoke to videoswitch and the tech guy wouldnt help me and just told me to send it to them for a price.

there must be away as all the hardware is already installed,just need to tell the videoswitch that the card is there.

thanks for your time with this

just put the lastest firm where on it?

did that but didnt work,(well got the update from videoswitch website)in the config menu there is a hidden menu,you go all the way down to the last line and you can press down to an empty space, when you press the cursor across it brings up a row of zeros that you can change and put a number in. not sure if you need to put a code in to enable the network side but thats just a guess.

Archived