Security Installer Community

Controlling Ptz's Via Keyboard

KTM450

I'm after a little help if anyone can.....

I run a small car park in Newbury which 2yrs ago I had a J2000 DVR installed - very nice piece of kit...I have 6 static cameras and one PTZ. The DVR is the same as the one on ebay that everybody sells.

Currently I have the DVR rigged upto a PTZ camera and control it via the DVR which is obviously not ideal BUT as its just patrolling a preset route its fine...

However following problems from scallies I now wish to operate PTZ independently and have purchased a system q PTZ700 2 axis controller.........All efforts to get the controller to move PTZ have been unsuccessful...Ive spoken with Phil at System Q but to no avail..

Ive checked the RS485 polarity, checked the dome address is 001, set protocol to Pelco D 2400

ect ect..I'm now banging my head as this is somthing simple I'm sure..

Anyone got any ideas??

cheers

John

Could the camera have to be set up for protocol at the camera head?? Just a thought.

On the actual PTZ there are two DIP switches...

SW1 - protocol / baud rate

switches 2 and 7 are set to on position for Pelco D 2400 Baud setting which works fine with DVR.

SW2 - camera address

All switches are set to off position meaning cam address is "001" as per manual

Is this what you mean??

cheers

John

On the actual PTZ there are two DIP switches...

SW1 - protocol / baud rate

switches 2 and 7 are set to on position for Pelco D 2400 Baud setting which works fine with DVR.

SW2 - camera address

All switches are set to off position meaning cam address is "001" as per manual

Is this what you mean??

cheers

John

perhaps i'm going to look really really stupid here, but binary starts at 00 not 01 so you may have to set the switches to binary 00 on the controller to get unit 01 as a first unit - if you see what i mean :unsure:

reg

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

However following problems from scallies I now wish to operate PTZ independently and have purchased a system q PTZ700 2 axis controller.........All efforts to get the controller to move PTZ have been unsuccessful...Ive spoken with Phil at System Q but to no avail..

Thought SystemQ were trade only :huh:

perhaps i'm going to look really really stupid here, but binary starts at 00 not 01 so you may have to set the switches to binary 00 on the controller to get unit 01 as a first unit - if you see what i mean :unsure:

reg

alan

Alan your logic is spot on and checking the user manual of PTZ, i was looking at the pelco P address page which does indeed start with address 1, all dip switches in off position...

BUT Checking Pelco D page (which is what I'm using) DIP1 needs to be in "on" position.....Now I'm off to try once again after wasting a whole day playing with this......Enjoyable but madly frustrating!

Will update in 10mins!

fingers cross, touch wood and all that!

Thank you very much for a common sense reality touch!

Keyboard now controlling as required.....Pleased as punch!

Many thx for all your help gents!

John

i guess that won't be me then :P

i'm pleased you got it working, usually is something very simple and so very obvious - but only after it's been pointed out ;)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thank you very much for a common sense reality touch!

Keyboard now controlling as required.....Pleased as punch!

Many thx for all your help gents!

John

i have the j200 dvr and wen i connect it to the keyboard and ptz i find the dvr takes control, KTM450 what have you done to get the to to work in sinc.

cheers

colin

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived