Security Installer Community

Dedicated Micros D4

zs123

hi everyone

i posted a while back re a cop dvr and having listened to comments decided against it.

i have been offered a second hand DM D4 with 320 gig drive.

2 q's really.

1. What are DM like as a manufacturer, i have no knowledge of CCTV so not sure if there vauxhall or mercedes of the CCTV world!

2. is it true that you cant change the hard drive yourself and it has to be returned to DM at a cost of around 300 ?!!

thanks in advance for any advice offered

1. What are DM like as a manufacturer, i have no knowledge of CCTV so not sure if there vauxhall or mercedes of the CCTV world!

They are good machines, nearer the mercedes than the vauxhall

2. is it true that you cant change the hard drive yourself and it has to be returned to DM at a cost of around 300 ?!!

There is some debate about this, as far as I know DM writes the software onto the drive so it isn't simply a case of swapping the drive over and I'm not sure of cost - but definitely returning to DM is the only sensible option for a DIYer.

They are good machines, nearer the mercedes than the vauxhall

There is some debate about this, as far as I know DM writes the software onto the drive so it isn't simply a case of swapping the drive over and I'm not sure of cost - but definitely returning to DM is the only sensible option for a DIYer.

DM do a hard disk replacement course that is free - but obviously you have to be the trade & you still need to purchase the hard drive.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

hi everyone

i posted a while back re a cop dvr and having listened to comments decided against it.

i have been offered a second hand DM D4 with 320 gig drive.

2 q's really.

thanks in advance for any advice offered

DM been around since about 1984. Good equipment though expensive. I believe 5 years warranty on the majority of dvr's so I would check with them (www.dmicros.com) it may still be in warranty.

With regard to hard drives, no you cant change them yourself unless you are an agreed repairer, otherwise it has to be returned to them. The operating system is loaded on the disks that are also used for storage. Support is good, they have a good team.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Archived