Security Installer Community

Security Of Network And Port Forwarding To Dm Dvr

zs123

I have used the DS2 which may use the same software (network viewer).

The first thing is that DVR has user names and passwords to gain access.

Someone would have to know your internet IP address and that you had a DM DVR connected to the network.

Then they would have to get your user name and password.

Also I think you may need more than one port opening.

The DS2 needs 8234 to 8238

Sorry, :yes: your right they do need to forwarded to the DVR. :rolleyes:

thanks kuchars,

problem ive got is i can forward port 80 to the DVR but when going to my dyndns domain it wont display the DVR login unless i change the actual port on the dvr to 80??

even if i forward 8234 and 8235 to the dvr it still doesnt work unles i change the port as above

any ideas?

Have you tried using the DM network viewer software?

Have you tried using the DM network viewer software?

If you log in using the above software, it should attempt to log into the DVR via port 8234 once it goes through the router/firewall at port 80. If you try the Remote Admin, it will then attempt to log in via 8235. Logging in to Network Viewer, Remote Admin or Web Viewer via your dyndns from outside the network will all go via port 80 in the first instance then forwarded according to the rules setup. I just forward all traffic from port 80 to my DVR. My DVR is set to the default port (8234) and that's it, nothing else. Are you trying this out from inside your network? You may need to disable any NAT redirection filters, or better still, ask a (trusting) friend or family member to try and access it ftom their network, as your router could block internal requests.

If you have to select port 80 on the DVR to get it working, then your port forwarding sounds iffy. Try disabling all other port forwarding rules other than "Forward all incoming traffic on Port 80 to 192.168.1.x" or whatever your ip address is on your DVR. Maybe you have a conflict. Or better still download wireshark - a free network packet analyzer that will diagnose your problem. It will check for packets to and from your PC to the DVR (from an internal PC) and check for correct acknowledgments being passed around.

Good luck

Archived