Security Installer Community

Diagonal Lines

IA76

Hi

When viewing a camera on a tft screen via a dvr if there are diagonal lines moving across the screen what does this mean and how do you get rid of them?

TIA

really we need to know more about how long the cables are run, what cabling used mains/dc/ac camera's and qualioty of kit used etc

in general DVR's and L:CD's are far more fussy about signal quality issues than older CRT's, multiplexer's and VCR's. make sure you have set the terminations correctly (to 75 ohms impedance at the DVR).

if the problem persists and this is on a multi camera system, then disconnect all the other camera's to see if the problem clears, you may be picking up interference from them and this is the easiest way to find out.

if it is the actual camera your working on ensure you have not run you cables close to mains runs, especially florescent lighting wiring and fittings

all else fails try a ground loop filter, simply plugs in line with the camera at the DVR end

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi

When viewing a camera on a tft screen via a dvr if there are diagonal lines moving across the screen what does this mean and how do you get rid of them?

TIA

This is normally a PSU issue.

Are you sharing more than one cam on one PSU?

If you are then i'd run a separate one for this cam and make sure your getting enough volts at the camera end.

All the cams are connected to one power supply which has an output of:-

12V DC 8000mA (888mA per output)

9x Fuse Protected Outputs

Alan, I will try disconnecting the other cams as well.

I got the same issue - replaced the video cable from the cheap phono to RG59 and works a treat - it didn't happen before so it must have developed a fault.

surprising few people realise good connections are the main stay of any good system, sometime i go to such a cl to find several inches of inner exposed and then twisted under tape.

with video or sound sources you must always cover the inner with shielding to prevent RFi and the like, where the inner is exposed insulate then cover with foil connected to the shield

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived