Security Installer Community

Strange Problem With Dm D4

zs123

hi all

firstly thanks to all members that have helped me out ive now got my d4 up and running and connected to network all except for one small prob.

the d4 is connected to network and has a monitor attached. it is set up for motion detect.

when i enter event list and playback and video over the netwrok the time counts but no activity is shown BUT it does show on the monitor!!

so basically when playing back over network its like people are ghosts and cant be seen yet they do display on the monitor!!

why on earth is it doing this?

i don't know about the DM4, but i have experienced transmission 'lag' over a network on other (cheap) units, on one it was near 40 seconds :rolleyes: .

you gets what you pay for i suppose :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Are you using Network Admin instead of Network Viewer?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi mate, I am assuming you are using an eco4? if so are you using Netvu software or the DM viewer? I would recommend Netvu software you can download it free from DM's web site www.dedicatedmicros.com The new units do connect over the network with the built in web browser but to receive live or playback images use Netvu.

hi all

firstly thanks to all members that have helped me out ive now got my d4 up and running and connected to network all except for one small prob.

the d4 is connected to network and has a monitor attached. it is set up for motion detect.

when i enter event list and playback and video over the netwrok the time counts but no activity is shown BUT it does show on the monitor!!

so basically when playing back over network its like people are ghosts and cant be seen yet they do display on the monitor!!

why on earth is it doing this?

I sometimes ge the same problem with my DS2a when viewing over Remote Admin, ok on Netviewer or Webveiewer. Not sure why it happens, but you're not alone.

Remote admin doesnt work too well with video, usually very slow. Use netviewer or Netvu observer if a newer unit.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

hi guys thanks for everyones help on this post and others. im now all up and running bar getting global access.

the remote viewing was indeed due to using admin viewer. used the network viewer that you download off the dvr itself and now all is fine.

only downside is if on a remote computer and cant download the software it seems the web viewer side of things only views live.

thanks again

Archived