Security Installer Community

Adpro Alarms

daubs8

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Adpro FastTrace. I can't believe they do not support an expansion to their 20 channel (30 alarms) and the 10 channel (20 alarms). Again, I am about to start a site with 50 redwalls (which is becoming the norm these days). There is enough in it to stand a 10 way and a 20 way to produce 50 alarm inputs but its an extra few grand and the additional cost of a 2nd ADSL line for the customer. This also produces un-necessary complications for the monitoring station. I will probably do as I have in the past and just link a few PIR's on the one input, but obviously this isn't anywhere near ideal. This coupled with Norbain's monopoly on Adpro means we are starting to investigate other options, and I have fitted 30-40 in the past 12 months. Besides, it isn't as if they produce the best quality video these days. Maybe the Amux is an answer but not looked properly into it yet. Just interested in other thoughts on this??

p.s. @AdproTech1. Nothing personal D!! :lol:

Have you tried TeleEye equipment, a local firm has a central monitoring station with Adpro and TeleEye sat next to each other and TeleEye was by far the better. :)

Do you Know a good local locksmith in your area if so please let me know as i might have some work for them. Thanks.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Adpro FastTrace. I can't believe they do not support an expansion to their 20 channel (30 alarms) and the 10 channel (20 alarms). Again, I am about to start a site with 50 redwalls (which is becoming the norm these days). There is enough in it to stand a 10 way and a 20 way to produce 50 alarm inputs but its an extra few grand and the additional cost of a 2nd ADSL line for the customer. This also produces un-necessary complications for the monitoring station. I will probably do as I have in the past and just link a few PIR's on the one input, but obviously this isn't anywhere near ideal. This coupled with Norbain's monopoly on Adpro means we are starting to investigate other options, and I have fitted 30-40 in the past 12 months. Besides, it isn't as if they produce the best quality video these days. Maybe the Amux is an answer but not looked properly into it yet. Just interested in other thoughts on this??

p.s. @AdproTech1. Nothing personal D!! :lol:

I seem to always have plenty of alarm inputs. We generally only use 1 alarm input per camera. Normally if we have 3 redwalls controlling 1 dome we send the reds back to the head and use one dome alarm output back to the Adpro. The Adpro can still call up any one of the presets.

I seem to always have plenty of alarm inputs. We generally only use 1 alarm input per camera. Normally if we have 3 redwalls controlling 1 dome we send the reds back to the head and use one dome alarm output back to the Adpro. The Adpro can still call up any one of the presets.

Trying to get my head around this. Sounds logical but if I put 3 presets back to the head which I can do, the alarm input in the software has to have a preset allocated, so obviously even if the dome spins to its own preset in the head only the preset saved in the Adpro software will get sent back? Am I correct or am I missing something. If this IS the case then I may as well just link the detectors at the back of the adpro (or galaxy in my cases). I hope you're right but it aint sinking in at the mo!! Thanks

Trying to get my head around this. Sounds logical but if I put 3 presets back to the head which I can do, the alarm input in the software has to have a preset allocated, so obviously even if the dome spins to its own preset in the head only the preset saved in the Adpro software will get sent back? Am I correct or am I missing something. If this IS the case then I may as well just link the detectors at the back of the adpro (or galaxy in my cases). I hope you're right but it aint sinking in at the mo!! Thanks

Ok. The 3 reds go to the head of cam 1. One pair from to the cam back to Adpro alarm input 1. When activation occurs dome spins to correct pos., Input 1 on adpro activated.

If you now call the presets 1,2 or 3 from the Adpro software the camera will move to said preset. This is because it will send the signal down the RS485 and the dome will understand it.

You will then only need to programme this one alarm input to set up any dialling or recording behavior.

Ok. The 3 reds go to the head of cam 1. One pair from to the cam back to Adpro alarm input 1. When activation occurs dome spins to correct pos., Input 1 on adpro activated.

If you now call the presets 1,2 or 3 from the Adpro software the camera will move to said preset. This is because it will send the signal down the RS485 and the dome will understand it.

You will then only need to programme this one alarm input to set up any dialling or recording behavior.

Right got it I think lol. Gonna try it this week! Thanks

Have you tried TeleEye equipment, a local firm has a central monitoring station with Adpro and TeleEye sat next to each other and TeleEye was by far the better. :)

I'm glad someone else is a fan of TeleEye :)

And the customer doesn't need a fixed IP unlike Adpro.

Like totalsec says the TeleEye pictures are far better.

TeleEye

I'm glad someone else is a fan of TeleEye :)

And the customer doesn't need a fixed IP unlike Adpro.

Like totalsec says the TeleEye pictures are far better.

TeleEye

Had a quick look. TeleEye doesn't appear to have enough alarm inputs for my requirements?

Had a quick look. TeleEye doesn't appear to have enough alarm inputs for my requirements?

Another Idea.

I fit VCL/Honeywell Domes and Maxcoms.

All the cameras and alarms go to the maxcom then the Video out goes to the Adpro along with the remote Keyboard.

Then the control room have a remote keyboard connected to Adpro Gold.

This way they control the domes and alarms direct to the Maxcom.

Also I would do like do what Justin is suggesting with multiple alarms to the dome and one alarm to the Adpro or in the way above to the Maxcom.

Archived