Security Installer Community

Adpro Alarms

daubs8

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Adpro FastTrace. I can't believe they do not support an expansion to their 20 channel (30 alarms) and the 10 channel (20 alarms). Again, I am about to start a site with 50 redwalls (which is becoming the norm these days). There is enough in it to stand a 10 way and a 20 way to produce 50 alarm inputs but its an extra few grand and the additional cost of a 2nd ADSL line for the customer. This also produces un-necessary complications for the monitoring station. I will probably do as I have in the past and just link a few PIR's on the one input, but obviously this isn't anywhere near ideal. This coupled with Norbain's monopoly on Adpro means we are starting to investigate other options, and I have fitted 30-40 in the past 12 months. Besides, it isn't as if they produce the best quality video these days. Maybe the Amux is an answer but not looked properly into it yet. Just interested in other thoughts on this??

p.s. @AdproTech1. Nothing personal D!! :lol:

Hi Daubs8,

Don't worry no offence taken!

Typical thou i pop by this site most days just to have a nose and the couple of days that im not here an Adpro post appears!

Anyway on to the question. You are right that the Fastrace/TX cannot be expanded on past the factory standard alarms without the addition of another Fastrace/TX, however there are very use able ways around this as pointed out by Justin and camullins.

In the situation that you are posing, i would suggest the method of connecting the Alarms to the head first and then a control output from the head to the input of the Fastrace. As stated above, you will still have the manual control of the pre-set positions via the RS485 controls and can set a delay in the Fastrace/TX to allow the Dome head the time to get to the pre-sets before the system transmits the alarms (usually a second delay is enough for this).

With regard to wiring a Maxcom/VCL/Honeywell system to the unit via the transparent RS232 data port, this is very feasible, but before you bother wiring the system check with your CS that they have a controller at their end. More and more CS's are changing from this type of control.

Overall though, with regard to expansions on alarm/video inputs Come pay us a Visit At IFSEC Stand no: 11603 (yes this is a shameless plug)

Of course im not going to comment on the Tele-Eye statements as I dont want to get involved in a "mines better then yours" argument. :)

cheers,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Daubs8,

Don't worry no offence taken!

Typical thou i pop by this site most days just to have a nose and the couple of days that im not here an Adpro post appears!

Anyway on to the question. You are right that the Fastrace/TX cannot be expanded on past the factory standard alarms without the addition of another Fastrace/TX, however there are very use able ways around this as pointed out by Justin and camullins.

In the situation that you are posing, i would suggest the method of connecting the Alarms to the head first and then a control output from the head to the input of the Fastrace. As stated above, you will still have the manual control of the pre-set positions via the RS485 controls and can set a delay in the Fastrace/TX to allow the Dome head the time to get to the pre-sets before the system transmits the alarms (usually a second delay is enough for this).

With regard to wiring a Maxcom/VCL/Honeywell system to the unit via the transparent RS232 data port, this is very feasible, but before you bother wiring the system check with your CS that they have a controller at their end. More and more CS's are changing from this type of control.

Overall though, with regard to expansions on alarm/video inputs Come pay us a Visit At IFSEC Stand no: 11603 (yes this is a shameless plug)

Of course im not going to comment on the Tele-Eye statements as I dont want to get involved in a "mines better then yours" argument. :)

cheers,

I agree that the Adpro units do need extra alarm inputs. On may occasions all of the inputs have been used up and I have had not alternative but to wire directly.

One of Adpros main selling points is that it conforms to 8418 surley if you wire directly from the detection to the dome head with one alarm input back this does not conform with the detector tampering???

Unless you start sending global tampers back or through an alarm panel to do the work.................or are we just going back in time and not forward?????

As for the tranparent 232 port as a direct connect. Nice idea shame not many cs's uses it as control is near impossible.

I haven't seen it work well!!

Anyway enough ranting still the best offsite unit avaiable!!!

I agree that the Adpro units do need extra alarm inputs. On may occasions all of the inputs have been used up and I have had not alternative but to wire directly.

One of Adpros main selling points is that it conforms to 8418 surley if you wire directly from the detection to the dome head with one alarm input back this does not conform with the detector tampering???

Unless you start sending global tampers back or through an alarm panel to do the work.................or are we just going back in time and not forward?????

As for the tranparent 232 port as a direct connect. Nice idea shame not many cs's uses it as control is near impossible.

Hey monkeyb and welcome to tsi.

Start a topic here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...hp?showforum=14 and introduce yourself to us all.

In addition you can apply to access the other 1/2 of the forum (trade only) via the link below.

Have a look around the forum and get posting because your post count needs to be at least 10 for trade approval.

C.

:)

Some very good points that man.

When we install redwalls / door contacts back to the dome head we series the tampers, join in the dome head or termination box, use 1 pair back for alarm input and use double pole end of line configuration.

Monkey,

You are quite right with regard to 8418 and the wiring of alarms to a head (unless the heads have a Tamper out), the only real way to combat this would be to run the system into series and then into the Fastrace, Unfortunately this will effect the PTZ pre-set positioning from the Fastrace.

With regard to the 232 connectivity this works very well, but as you state most ARC's have done away with keyboards and have insisted on direct control. And although people are not the largest fan of the the way the Video Central controls PTZ's (via a front end GUI and via mouse) i can assure you that the people that use the system the most (controllers at the ARC's) are amazing.

cheers.

AT1

Monkey,

You are quite right with regard to 8418 and the wiring of alarms to a head (unless the heads have a Tamper out), the only real way to combat this would be to run the system into series and then into the Fastrace, Unfortunately this will effect the PTZ pre-set positioning from the Fastrace.

With regard to the 232 connectivity this works very well, but as you state most ARC's have done away with keyboards and have insisted on direct control. And although people are not the largest fan of the the way the Video Central controls PTZ's (via a front end GUI and via mouse) i can assure you that the people that use the system the most (controllers at the ARC's) are amazing.

cheers.

AT1

So AT1, have Adpro actually looked into the possibility of increasing the alarm inputs? I suspect they must have? What's the official line?

We always use a galaxy for cctv and then zones aint a problem, you do need to sent faults etc from the gal to the adpro.

Confused? We also use Galaxy with Rio's and Relays but there are still only 20 or 30 alarm inputs in the Adpro?? Rather than go direct to the head we have in the past 'linked' certain detectors which although not ideal works. So even using Galaxy how would you 'fire' 40-50 detectors?

So AT1, have Adpro actually looked into the possibility of increasing the alarm inputs? I suspect they must have? What's the official line?

Daubs,

Ill be honest that there little to no chance that the Fastrace/TX will be expanded upon. However the new gen of fastrace will be more expandable (and no i dont currently have a release date....sorry) :unsure:

Archived