Security Installer Community

True Day/night Camera Without Ir Leds

zs123

hi,

firstly big thanks to all have helped me with the setup of my DM D4, all working great.

now my attention has moved to cameras, i have used an old panasonic body camera to setup the DVR.

basically i want to observe a driveway that is lit by a 150w floodlight, the drive is approx 20metres by say 8 meters wide, the 8mm lense on the panny gives a good field of view.

i am looking for a true ir cut filter camera but it either has to be an external unobtrusive one (ie not in an enclosure)

or ok to be mounted indoors behind a single pane of glass (not double glazing)

the problem is im struggling to find one that doesnt have ir leds built in, i dont want these due to the fact the floodlight dhould provide enough light for true day night cam with sony exview ccd. and also due to them attracting spiders etc.

can anyone recommend one without irs built in for sub

you can get small pen camera's without led's off ebay, but fitting it so it looks through glass is just asking for problems due to reflections especially at night, also misting caused by condensation and so on so not a good idea.

you can get a camera which looks like a peep hole, so if you want to be very discrete then mount it in the door or the mail box whatever.

but why be shy? deterrent is far better than knowing what oik who keyed your car looks like, because the local fuz will be very uninterested in a bland view of a hoody - so go large imo.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi,

firstly big thanks to all have helped me with the setup of my DM D4, all working great.

now my attention has moved to cameras, i have used an old panasonic body camera to setup the DVR.

basically i want to observe a driveway that is lit by a 150w floodlight, the drive is approx 20metres by say 8 meters wide, the 8mm lense on the panny gives a good field of view.

i am looking for a true ir cut filter camera but it either has to be an external unobtrusive one (ie not in an enclosure)

or ok to be mounted indoors behind a single pane of glass (not double glazing)

the problem is im struggling to find one that doesnt have ir leds built in, i dont want these due to the fact the floodlight dhould provide enough light for true day night cam with sony exview ccd. and also due to them attracting spiders etc.

can anyone recommend one without irs built in for sub

hi kuchars, its on pir but there is a coach light at the end of the drive that is on 30w all the time and 60w when pir on floodlight triggers.

what model is your dome do you have a link?

thanks

I have one of these Vista All-in-One cameras, they came out a year ago and work really well: VZM22EXT. The dome camera is a Sanyo VCC range, can't remember the model number but can get that for you - it is the anti-vandal dome, Day/Night, with on-screen menu system

Archived