Security Installer Community

Anyone Recommend A Cctv Camera?

wrighty208

Hi there,

I've just finished installing a Triax Loftbox and am looking for a CCTV camera to connect up to it via the F-type connector.

The features I would like are:-

• Colour
  • Night Vision
  • Sound
  • Weatherproof
  • Fairly small and ok looking!

and sub

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

cctv cameras dont have modulators built in as far as i know, they output a video signal in composite. to convert it into RF as you know a seperate modulator is needed, and then that output can then be connected into the loft box. As for the sound area my advice would be to have a seperate unit to add audio but thats my opinion.

have a look at this site http://cctv-centre.co.uk/ , ive used them a few times and their products are good quality. hope it helps

I agree entirely, the best place for a camera is rarely the best place for a michrophone.

adding further to the audio part of this discusion, in my experience audio outside can prove very tricky especially if its a widny day or there is loads of cross winds and rain as ive seen in the past where the winds has been that high that no audio other than tyhe wind whistling against te mic can be heard.

imho audio outside the property is not worth the hassle, but if its in a store room, or office then it doesnt have external weather conditions to contend with

external audio is not a good idea in my honest opinion.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

adding further to the audio part of this discusion, in my experience audio outside can prove very tricky especially if its a widny day or there is loads of cross winds and rain as ive seen in the past where the winds has been that high that no audio other than tyhe wind whistling against te mic can be heard.

imho audio outside the property is not worth the hassle, but if its in a store room, or office then it doesnt have external weather conditions to contend with

external audio is not a good idea in my honest opinion.

Having said that have you ever lifted the handset on one of those cheap door entry systems? It's amazing how much you can hear.

I suppose it depends on a lot of factors but I have fitted domestic observation cameras outside and the sound quality was useless, especially though a TV

Having said that have you ever lifted the handset on one of those cheap door entry systems? It's amazing how much you can hear.

I suppose it depends on a lot of factors but I have fitted domestic observation cameras outside and the sound quality was useless, especially though a TV

law&order if your in the trade you can apply to join the trade side of the forum (if you have not already) via tha application link below, just FYI though, no problem if you don't want to bother but it's FOC and gives you access to all the old threads on topics as well as some more detailed info on security/standards etc :)

law&order if your in the trade you can apply to join the trade side of the forum (if you have not already) via tha application link below, just FYI though, no problem if you don't want to bother but it's FOC and gives you access to all the old threads on topics as well as some more detailed info on security/standards etc :)

Thanks for that and yes I would like to join the trade foruma s I would learn a lot and I do have over 20 years experinece so could maybe offer help as well.

I came out of the trade a few years back, work in IT now but bored and just started looking for jobs in CCTV/Intruder/Fire etc.

Had an interview today and will certanly apply for trade membership once I am eligible.

Thanks again

Thanks for that and yes I would like to join the trade foruma s I would learn a lot and I do have over 20 years experinece so could maybe offer help as well.

I came out of the trade a few years back, work in IT now but bored and just started looking for jobs in CCTV/Intruder/Fire etc.

Had an interview today and will certanly apply for trade membership once I am eligible.

Thanks again

No worries.

Good luck with the interviews be - B)

C.

:)

Archived