Security Installer Community

Replacement For A Scantronic 9800

I have a scantronic 9800. Its was fitted over 20 year ago.

A few weeks ago its battery failed. I couldn’t find a local engineer so I was forced into a bit of DIY.

I bought and fitted a replacement battery but still couldn’t get the alarm to work.

I made a good job of removing the NVM chip and breaking one of its legs.  :( I think its ok, only half of the leg is missing and it looks like it still makes a connection.

Is it possible to get a replacement NVM chip?

I would also like to know if I should up-date / replace the panel.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone recommend a replacement for my scantronic 9800, Im hoping to be able to do it myself.

scannies are quite robust......

how old is it.....?

what seems to be the problem.....?

veritas r8 are available at places like eds (ashington or silver lonnen) or cef at cramlington do the ap range.....

are you just replacing the panel or other parts as well.....

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

If you can get the 9800 going again, I'd keep it. They were/are great little panels. Is it not possible to perhaps solder a leg,or a bit of wire onto the broken pin?

while it is possible to solder a piece of wire, if you have the skills and knowledge to do it, i personally would not for this panel , it is twenty years old... standard security at blyth are scantronics experts, they may well be able to accomandate you with a nvm chip ( maybe for a price)..........

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

9651..can you get them outside of trade,

if so where?

scrape that, you can.....

Why did you remove the NVM?

I thought I might need to re-set the code - medeling with something I shouldnt meddle with when I dont know what the hell im doing. . . I often break things trying to fix them.. lol B)

Google

:) :cheersbeer.gif

Archived