Security Installer Community

Dedicated Micros Network Viewer

abbz

i have a client who has a dm d4 machine but has forgotten his password for the network viewer application.

He knows the password of the actual machine and can access the installer mode set up on it but has forgotten his log in details when he wants to view the machine over his network.

I`ve tried reinstalling network viewer on his pc but that didnt default the password back to default.

Any ideas chaps whether this can be solved without having to return the machine back to DM

thanks

the password isnt on the pc, you will need to login to network viewer with an admin password to chnage the password.. If the installer login has network access you could do that

Thats the problem, he opens network viewer and clicks on connect then it asks him for password and thats the password he has forgotten.

we tried the default password but that doesnt work as he changed it!!

I think that DM can issue a temp password if i was to give them the machine id number but wont know until i contact them tomorrow.

• 5 years later...

Does anyone know a way you can reset /recover the network viewer passwords?  (other than RTB).  I have reset the front panel passwords through hyperterminal but this doesn't seem to have changed the user network passwords? admin also unknown

Any help appreciated

Can you not default the whole machine as you have front panel passwords

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Which is why I didn't put default logins/passwords  ;)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived